The definitive acid & alkaline foods list, find out the alkaline foods to eat & live the alkaline diet TODAY
Maintaining an acid alkaline balance is vital to our health, and knowing exactly which foods to eat and which foods to avoid is absolutely critical to living alkaline.
There is so much confusion and conflicting information out there on which foods are acid and which are alkaline, so we have created The Definitive Acid/Alkaline Food Chart to make sure you don't get the wrong information and accidently start eating acid-forming foods!
So many acid/alkaline food lists give conflicting advice and I understand it is hard to know who to trust. That is why we went direct to the leading researchers and authorities in this field to develop the most accurate food list available.
We have been working with Dr Robert Young (pH Miracle & founder of the acid/alkaline diet) for over 6 years, Tony Robbins & Joseph McClendon & many other alkaline foods diet experts and have been writing and researching the alkaline foods diet since 2004.
With over 500+ alkaline diet articles, guides, recipes and resources on our alkaline diet blog and over 100,000 alkaline customers worldwide, we are without doubt the world's leading alkaline diet resource & website.
Printable Alkaline Food Chart Cheat Sheet - to stick on your fridge or pantry door and take to the grocery store or supermarket!
Fully expanded lists of acid and alkaline foods verified by Dr Robert Young of the pH Miracle Centre - plus FREE alkaline recipes that will get you alkaline & full of energy in minutes.
'Your health depends on the balance of an alkaline environment, created by eating foods such as tomatoes, avocados and green vegetables...striking the optimum 80/20 balance and regulating your body's acid/alkaline chemistry through simple changes in diet can result in weight loss, increased stamina and strength, a stronger immune system and a greater sense of wellbeing.'Dr Robert O. Young, Pioneering scientist and author of The pH Miracle (click here for Dr Young's Supplements)
After years of societal changes, millions of pounds of marketing spend and technological advances we, as a race, are now facing more dietary based health challenges than ever before.
It is no coincidence that the rapidly growing numbers of cancer, cardiovascular disease and diabetes correlate almost exactly with the rise in consumption of acid forming foods such as sugars, trans fats, fast food, refined food and white breads. At the same time our consumption of fresh alkaline vegetables and essential fatty acids has decreased dramatically, making way for convenience and a generation hooked on sugary treats.
This is not as difficult or as technical as it sounds. When we talk about eating alkaline foods or starting an alkaline diet we are referring to consuming those foods and drink which have an alkaline effect on the body. This effect is based upon the mineral content of the food and therefore the alkaline or acid effect this has on the pH of the body.
Some foods have an acidifying effect (usually those containing sugars, trans fats, dairy, preservatives, sweeteners, chemicals etc), whereas others have an alkaline effect. Conveniently for us, it just so happens that the foods that contain alkaline minerals (and leave an alkaline effect) are all the foods we already know are good for us: low sugar foods, fresh alkaline vegetables, nuts, seeds, salads, water rich foods etc. And for the foods that contain minerals that have an acidic effect? You guessed it, sweets, alcohol, trans fats, meats, dairy, pizza, cola, biscuits, chips, white breads and pastas, refined foods, processed foods etc.
Of course, everybody is different - but most of us should aim to eat 70-80% alkaline foods and a maximum of 20-30% acid forming foods.
This does not have to be measured in calories, grams or anything technical, just look at your plate! Is 70% of the food on it alkalising? And for the other 30%? You can do with this what you like (how acid is up to you - dependent upon the results you want), but feel free to go for some oily fish, wholemeal pasta or wild rice for example.
It may be very useful for you to see where you are now, and to test your acid and alkaline balance at various stages during your transition to an alkaline foods diet. For dietary testing, we offer pH testing kits, and to boost your alkalinity, we also offer a range of alkalising supplements from pH Miracle, pHion Balance, perfectlyhealthy, Tony Robbins and Udo Erasmus. These are incredible in becoming more alkaline and give a your body a boost of essential vitamins, minerals, fats and alkaline salts.
There are over 500 articles on our Alkaline Diet Blog including alkaline foods recipes, alkaline guides, resources, Q&As with our in-house Dr Young trained nutritionist and more.