Top 7 Alkalising Snacks!

alkalising snacksWarning: this list will probably make you laugh out loud if you are new to alkalising, but I swear on erm…Tottenham’s chances of qualifying for the Europa League (it is a big deal) – that the longer you alkalise the more these foods WILL feel like a treat to you.

It is a well known phenomenon that as you start alkalising your body, your tastes adjust. Personally, I literally cannot stand the thought of drinking a can of Coke now – so sugary sweet! On the flip-side of this, you begin to get more of a sweet sensation from subtle flavours such as peppers and carrots, which can only be a good thing.

So – here are my top 5 alkalising snacks:

1. Jason Vale’s Veggie Juice in a Bar: AT LAST! A tasty, healthy, alkaline snack bar! We’ve been waiting YEARS for something like this to come along and at last our prayers have been answered. Jason’s Veggie Juice in a Bar has just been awarded ‘Best New Food Product’ at the 2009 Natural & Organic Awards and is a 100% raw, 100% organic snack that contains no artificial crap or sugars.

Alkaline Diet Recipe Book BannerThis vegetable-based bar is surprisingly delicious. It is bursting with live goodness and is cold pressed, which means it contains heaps of easily digestible enzymes and live nutrients. But look, I don’t need to go on quite so much about just how healthy these bars are – the most important point is that they taste absolutely fantastic – they are a legitimate, tasty, healthy snack!

No more wondering what to snack on or going hungry when you’re on the go! THANK YOU JASON!

2. Dr Martin’s Coco JuiceThis drink is like a snack in a pouch! Made only from organic, young green coconut water, Dr Martin’s Coco Juice is a nutritional powerhouse that replenishes, alkalises and keeps you going! It can be used either as a natural isotonic energy drink, perfect as a sports energy drink or general everyday booster or as a wonderfully alkaline base to smoothies, juices and more!

Rich in bioavailble vitamins, minerals, amino acids and living enzymes, Dr Martins Organic Yound Green Coconut Water is naturally low in calories, virtually fat free and cholesterol free. And it tastes awesome. And it reminds me of happy days.

3. Almonds: packed full of protein, fibre, calcium, magnesium, potassium (yes, 3 of the 4 most alkaline minerals) vitamin E and other antioxidants and phytochemicals – and unsaturated fat. If possible, remember to soak your almonds overnight in order to increase the potential for the body to digest the nutrients and goodness
  4. Sprouts: these are one of the most alkalising, nutritious and easily accessible foods know to man. Being rich in vitamins, minerals, proteins and enzymes, they can be grown easily in four to six days and require no effort and very little cost. Crunchy, raw and delicious!
  5. Raw Carrot: shredded, sticks, chunks or just peeled – carrot offers a sweet, water-rich, nutrient dense snack that is packed full of vitamin A, C, K and B1, B3 and B6, fibre, magnesium, potassium and folate. Bonza
  6. Seed Mix: get a mixture of pumpkin, sesame, sunflower and flax. This will give you a filling snack, plus a range of minerals, proteins and essential fatty acids. What more could you ask for?
  7. Raw Soups: make yourself a giant batch and then eat/drink as much as you like, whenever you are hungry, tired or bored! The raw alkalising soups will give your body a HUGE boost of nutrients in a form that the body can easily assimilate, meaning that it will require absolutely no energy to digest. This is a real body booster.

So snack away! I really hope that this helps and gives you some ideas. If you have got a healthy snack idea – let us know in the comments below!

Top 7 Alkalising Snacks! by

Marra May 29, 2011 at 3:41 am

Hey Ross, keep up the great work! I love all the infomation you provide us with as well as the great recipes! Thanks for all you do!

Marra English, USA

Sandra March 6, 2011 at 4:53 pm

this site is awesome, it’s been extremely helpful to me as i transition to an alkaline lifestyle. i recently went through colon surgery and i’m trying to prevent cancer by changing what i eat, exercising (walking on treadmill, baby steps), and drinking LOTS more water (hopefully my water is the good kind) and incorporating Vitamin D, Calcium and Magnesium. i’m pretty overwhelmed after the surgery and trying hard to make this life change. it’s not that it’s particularly hard, but when you’re recovering from surgery and going through chemo, you’re weakened and can’t be as aggressive as you’d like, or as i like.

again, thanks and this has been most helpful, i was having a hard time with what to eat for breakfast, now i have a plan. i wish i’d read this before i ran out to whole foods this morning (smile).

Debbie February 20, 2011 at 6:54 pm

Have been looking at your question and answers on several pages here. Very little reply to peoples questions and concerns. But enough time to say hello to a fellow Melbournean. Makes me leery about trusting this site. It does look very interesting, but without follow up, I’m scared it’s just another money maker without concern for the customer, many of us who are very sick!

Ross February 21, 2011 at 12:34 am

Hi Debbie

It is SO HARD for me to answer everyone individually all the time, it’s really a lot of work and I’m trying my best! For something more heartwarming see here where I did a concentrated Q&A session and answered over 300 questions in a 48 hour period! http://alkalinedietmadeeasy.com/alkaline-diet-questions-answered/

I’m trying my best!

Also, hopefully the amount of content I have produced on here should make you less leary! I’ve written over 600 articles over 4 years! If that isn’t committment to the cause I don’t know what is!

Ellena February 14, 2011 at 4:04 am

Hey Ross, love your website! And I was happy to see you are a fellow Melbournean!

Ross February 16, 2011 at 12:59 am

Hell yeah! Love it here in Melbourne!

Ross April 7, 2011 at 1:03 pm

Thanks!

Jet December 4, 2010 at 7:00 am

How do you make a raw soup?

D November 21, 2010 at 11:01 pm

thnx for your awesome and informative posts. I was wondering about the nuts/seeds. I eat a lot of almonds, pumpkin and sunflower seeds that I buy raw and quickly dry roast myself (by putting them on a hot pan without oil or anything else, for a few minutes till they begin to pop and turn golden). Does this change their acidifying or alkalizing properties? THANKS!

Mary October 25, 2010 at 8:42 pm

Many thanks for all these useful information you’re giving us.
It’s getting colder now in England and my body crave for something hot but quick to prepare. Would you consider the alternative to coffee or tea like chicory , dandelion coffee a acid drinks? We buy this stuff in health food shop.
I look forward to hear from you.
Best regards
Mary

Shonette Francis October 19, 2010 at 8:39 pm

how do you treat a hormorne imbalance that is causing ovarian cyst

Ellena February 14, 2011 at 4:54 am

Hi Shonette,

I have a hormone imbalance too which is causing me ovarian cysts. This is usually due to the hormone progesterone. If your cycle is also irregular like mine then I can suggest what I did to totally improve it 100%.
I am taking Vitex from Herbal Fusion which normalised my cycle within a month of taking it! I am also looking into bio identical progesterone cream through my naturapath to normalise the progesterone levels safely. By no means go on synthetic hormones like the pill! Also severely reduce red meat and add soy based products as soy helps to flush out extra estrogen from your body. Obvious speak to your doctor or maybe a naturapath as doctors tend to take the medical route over a natural approach. I am just telling you my experience with my condition. Hope this helps a little!

Ross October 19, 2010 at 7:04 pm

Hi

You ‘can’ cook some soups if they contain root veg etc, but all blended soups that are raw can be warmed and are still considered raw.

Cheers

Diana October 19, 2010 at 2:18 pm

I too am curious about cooked soups. I don’t like cold food.

Charles Sproull October 18, 2010 at 10:01 pm

Ross,
This is a wonderful list of foods that enhance the 7.35+PH (alkaline) body physiology, and reduces the ability of infections and bacteria to grow. Might also add that MSM (organic form of Sulfur) enables the cell membranes of all our body’s organs to be more permeable, thus enabling more efficient nutrients in and waste out.

Rema October 18, 2010 at 2:33 pm

Thanks for suggestions. Will definitely try to incorporate these ideas right away.

Leonard Hayes September 20, 2010 at 11:06 pm

Hi Ross, I am new to your website so apologies if this has been asked before. I am wondering is cooked soup alkaline? I don’t cook my soups for more than 15 mins and use organic greens and some roots like turnip etc. Coming into the winter my body craves warm and grounding food!
Thanks, Leonard.

Nitin Moundekar September 9, 2010 at 2:55 pm

Dear Sir,

Your Energise Alkaline Diet & Natural Health Blog are very good and very useful for everyone. Really you help to everyone god help you whenever you need help.

Nitin

lequeer August 14, 2010 at 7:17 pm

ah, sprouts. whenever I have a sandwich I like it to be at least 50% sprouts. good stuff.

thanks SO MUCH for this website and your recipe ideas, makes going from traditional north american junk a bit easier.

pearl August 4, 2010 at 6:43 pm

Chocolate? Sweets? Gorgeous, gooey cheesecakes? No thanks . I”m never even tempted now. My lifelong craving stopped suddenly all by itself the moment I realised it had played a major role in the development of my arthritis. Who needs that lethal stuff anyway when so many delicious alkaline goodies are available. Thanks a million, Ross, for telling us about them. What a blessing Energise is!

Angie April 7, 2010 at 6:43 pm

I love to snack on Sprouted Wheat Tortillas with almond butter.

Cucumbers and Hummus

Brenda December 29, 2009 at 7:55 am

And thanks for the informative site Ross! VERY inspiring! Brenda

Brenda December 29, 2009 at 7:52 am

I find goji berries, raw cocoa (chips, not powder) and coconut slithers are a great healthy snack.
Brenda, South Africa

Thomas (babelhut.com) July 20, 2009 at 8:53 am

What’s the limit for snacks? Can I down 120g of almonds in one go?

Abbi May 4, 2009 at 3:17 pm

You can buy coconut water cheaper at Holland and Barratt

Ross May 5, 2009 at 1:27 am

Hey Abbi

Thanks for letting us know. It’s great to have freedom of choice and comparison products. I couldn’t find theirs on their website to compare, but I guess there are many things you can buy on the high street that we also sell, and while we offer many benefits to our customers – simple convenience is also one of them!

Thanks again

Alison Farrell-Price May 1, 2009 at 7:20 pm

I snack on a mix of whole almonds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, juicy sultanas & dessicated coconut. Together they are delicious!

Ross May 5, 2009 at 1:37 am

Hey Alison

Sounds delicious! I always go a little easy on the sultanas, but a little won’t hurt…!