According to the Durex World Sex Survey – globally we are having sex:
- 103 times per year, or
- 1.98 times per week, or
- 0.28 times per day, or
- 0.012 times an hour, or
- 0.00019 times per minute!
COME ON PEOPLE! We can do better than that!
Because I am so socially conscious and to help this global cause, I have highlighted a few alkaline foods here that are reknowned for helping increase sex drive (click here for a complete list of alkaline foods).
Increase Sex drive with these boostin’ libido superfoods:
- Celery: considered an excellent food to ramp up sexual stimulation. The reason being that it boosts a powerful substance known as androsterone – an odorless hormone released through male perspiration. ‘Yuk’ I hear you, er, think. Well, this is one of those kind of sweats that has that strange effect on women…the same effect that I understand a dozen red roses and a bottle of champagne has (apparently).
- Maca: this is a less common food, but is no less potent. Having only recently been introduced to the Western world you will be forgiven for not finding it in your local Tesco. I had not heard of this until very recently when it was hailed as â€œNatureâ€™s Viagraâ€? . Like anyone else, this claim made me curious. According to some it is believed to increase sex drive and improve sexual performance, the frequency with which people desire sex and can be effective in increasing sperm count! Not only that, but guys should expect an increase in testosterone, a helping hand in any fight against erective dysfunctions and impotency and it also makes you feel younger. Quality! Fear not ladies – for women, maca is reknowned to increase sex drive and fertility! What a stormer!
- Pumpkin Seeds: Pumpkin seeds contain zinc, which is important in testosterone production for men and also helps to sustain sexual desire in women. Pumpkin seeds are also rich in the essential fatty acid omega 3, which acts as a precursor of prostaglandins, hormone-like substances that play a key role in sexual health. Word on the street is that a diet rich in pumpkin seeds will enhance potency, drive and fertility.
- Saurkraut: an unlikely inclusion, but a vital key in unlocking your libido according to the headteacher-like Scottish diet guru Gillian McKeith has deemed sauerkraut sexy, citing a U.S. study that reported 90 percent of men were more “active” after eating it. Not as saur or krauty as you though eh?!
- Bananas: help to increase sex drive boost male libido largely due to the presence of the enzyme ‘bromelain’ . Bananas are also a good source of B vitamins like riboflavin and potassium, which increase the bodyâ€™s total energy levels. However, they are also very rich in potassium and B vitamins, which are vital for sex-hormone production!
- Almonds: Almonds are another major source of essential fatty acids. Almonds provide the basis for the healthy production of male hormones that are important in regulating sex-drive (among other things obviously!). The smell of almonds is found to arouse passion in female. Although I am not 100% convinced by the latter!
- Avocado: A super-alkaline food, the Aztecs called the avocado tree ahuacatl or “testicle tree.” Interesting fact. Avocado helps to increase sex drive, both male and female libido. As it contains very high levels of folic acid, it assists in metabolising proteins, thus providing you more energy – which is obviously good all round. Avocado also features vitamin B6 (a nutrient which improves male hormone production) and potassium (which helps to regulate a womanâ€™s thyroid gland). Quality!
- Asparagus: it is not only the ever-so-slightly suggestive shape of asparagus that acts as a libido booster – asparagus also happens to be very high in vitamin E, which has long been thought of as ‘the sex vitamin’. The Vegetarian Society suggests “eating asparagus for three days for the most powerful affect”.
- Chilies: may heat up your sex life too, due to capsaicin â€” the substance that gives kick to peppers, curries and other spicy foods. Triggering the release of endorphins, capsaicin is therefore a feelgood chemical for your brain! It also stimulates nerve endings and raises your heart rate. IMPORTANT: if you chop the chilies yourself – make sure you wash your hands very very thoroughly – heh
- Basil: apparently basil increases circulation, stimulates the sex drive and boosts fertility! It is also said to produce a general sense of well being for body and mind. But most curiously of all, its scent is supposed to drive us wild! In fact, basil oil was once employed by Mediterranean prostitutes as a perfume to attract customers! Pesonally, the scent of basil makes me want to drive to the nearest Italian restaurant, but that’s just me.
- Cardamom: Cardamom is an nicely aromatic spice. In many cultures it is viewed as an intensely powerful aphrodisiac and also beneficial in treating impotence (mix with maca for some ‘interesting results’). It is high in cineole, which can increase blood flow in certain important areas!
- Figs: rather crudely, some sources suggest that figs work as an aphrodisiac because of their appearance being similar to certain sex organs, but not I. Figs are very high in amino acids, which are critical to increase sex drive and boost sexual stamina.
- Garlic: bad on the breath but good on the sex drive. Maybe this is one for long-term couples who don’t have as much worry over little matters such as garlic-breath (as long as you both munch it, you’ll be OK). Garlic contains high levels of allicin â€“ an compound – that can improve blood flow to the sexual organs. But note – don’t just munch on big cloves of raw garlic! Allicin is only produced once garlic has been chopped as it is produced through an enzyme reaction. As a bonus, allicin is also has great anti-fungal properties (not that I am suggesting anything of course…)
So go forth! Read, eat and enjoy!!!
Do You Want To Get Alkaline for Huge Energy?
Grab your free, instant access to my Alkaline & Acid Food Charts & Eating Guide,
10 Delicious Alkaline Recipes & my instant Alkaline Starter Pack Training. Plus my latest free guides delivered direct to your inbox each week.
Your information is 100% secure. By registering here, you will recieve weekly articles, videos and other tips to help you get alkaline. You can unsubscribe at any time.