As Dr Young always says, there are five primary ways for the body to eliminate toxins:
And while you can drink plenty, eat the right things and exercise to help encourage these processes, the skin needs a little more help. The skin is the largest organ you have and it is absolutely amazing at helping to keep you healthy, eliminating the acids and wastes that your body creates through it’s normal, daily bodily functions.
What Is Skin Brushing?
Skin brushing is simply the act of brushing your skin (dry) with a firm bristled skin brush (like the one pictured above). The benefits are many, but these are my favourites:
- Skin brushing removes dead skin cells, making the skin fresh, tight, soft supple and glowing
- By removing the dead cells it also facilitates the detoxification and waste elimination process
- It also aids in circulation by bringing the blood up to the surface
- Skin brushing stimulates the flow of lymph throughout the body – which is so important (click here for more info on the lymphatic system) but also quite hard to achieve
- It gives you an INSTANT energy boost – I honestly feel great after I’ve finished skin brushing.
To skin brush you simply brush over your body in an upward motion (imagine with each stroke you’re aiming for your heart).
Do this once or twice per day and you’ll really notice the benefits!
CLICK HERE TO BUY A SKIN BRUSH
Do You Want To Get Alkaline?
Grab your free, instant access to my Alkaline Diet Beginners Guide, Alkaline
Foods, Charts & ten free alkaline recipes (delicious!) plus all of my goodies delivered direct to your inbox each week.
Your information is 100% secure.
By Registering here, you will recieve articles, videos and other tips to help you get alkaline.
You can unsubscribe at any time.
Note: This blog is only my opinion. It is not medical advice or diagnosis. Only opinions based upon our own personal experiences or information detailed in medical/academic journals or other publications is cited. WE DO NOT OFFER MEDICAL ADVICE or prescribe any treatments. Please consult with a medical professional before making any diet or nutrition changes. Refer to our full disclaimer for more information.