Alkaline Diet Recipe #81: Big Bad Green Drink

ross green drinkHey everyone.

As I am doing a special on green powders to my newsletter subscribers (sign up here for discounts, I send out some neat alkaline diet discounts every single Wednesday) I thought it might be a nice idea to send out my latest, big bad (ass) green drink I’ve been making for myself in recent weeks.

I’ve discovered a little organic shop right near where I live that has opened my eyes to some brilliantly dark-green leafy veggies that I’m now incorporating into my green juice each morning.

So here it is: Ross’s Bad-Ass Green Drink
Serves 2

Green Drink Ingredients

One stalk of kale (or a handful if you buy it off the stalk)
4 sticks of chard
2 handfuls of baby spinach leaves
2 sticks of celery
1 (1/2 if its a biggie) cucumber
5 broccoli florets
1 inch of raw root ginger

Instructions

Juice it all through your juicer, putting the ginger in with something that is high-water such as the cucumber. Enjoy immediately and feel the buzz!

This is an incredibly alkaline, delicious and refreshing green drink and it’s what I have almost every day to get my greens.

I recently wrote a blog post showing what one serve of each alkaline-rich food looks like, and for fun I measured the weight of my average green drink (in terms of raw ingredients) and found that using the globally accepted 80g = one serve measurement – my green drink was over 7 serves of fresh green vegetables! Put that in yer juicer!

Have a great week

Alkaline Diet Recipe #81: Big Bad Green Drink by

rosco August 25, 2014 at 5:26 pm

Ok, so I am discovering that I feel like crap all of the time. Sometimes I am to sick to eat for days at a time and live on water and g2. So my blood is probably more acidic than alkaline. Green drinks are what I am hearing. Problem is, I am not sure I could swallow this stuff. How does one get used to it? I dont have alot of sugar intake except maybe g2. Alternatives? Suggestions?

Yong Siew Wah January 17, 2014 at 7:14 am

Can cabbage leaves be mixed with broccoli when blending or will it be too high in goitrogen?

Energise Ross January 17, 2014 at 9:55 pm

It’s fine to mix cabbage and broccoli, but you can stay on the safe side if you like. There are lots of alkaline foods to choose from.

sheila December 30, 2013 at 12:53 pm

My favorite green juice is spinach, kale, cucumber, and apples – sometimes I add a pear.
How bad is it that I’m adding apples to my green juice? It really makes it easy to drink.
Thanks!

Energise Ross January 1, 2014 at 10:10 am

Hey Sheila

I’d try to transition away from it – reduce to 3/4 of an apple, then 2/4 and apple and so on. The fructose, without fibre is really acidic.

Adan Wilder April 9, 2013 at 7:15 am

This Blog is awesome

Randy June 18, 2012 at 4:29 am

Hey Ross ,
I battle gout all the time do you think this drink would help with my problem, please help.
Thanks Randy

ciara minahan January 31, 2012 at 9:43 am

Hi Ross, I just want to double check that the green juice is ok without all the pulp and fibre? I have a juicer and this will remove all of the flesh, so just want to make sure that the green juice is also as good as the blended green smoothie drinks i read alot about.

fielker January 28, 2012 at 1:26 pm

hi Ross,i have the same question like Hal thanke you.

Marianne H. January 26, 2012 at 6:07 am

Remove my email address from your list.
I will not subscribe to anyone no matter how much I like the alkaline diet if they endorse Tony Robbins…his group from Arizona are crooks, stealing money from people for seminars they never held.

Ross January 26, 2012 at 6:48 am

Hi Marianne, you just have to hit the ‘unsubscribe’ button on any of my emails.

Elizabeth Mundy June 14, 2014 at 7:26 am

Marianne, unfortunately, you are correct about Tony Robbins. He and Robert Allen, supposed motivational speaker and the other self-proclaimed “real estate” guru have hurt thousands of people. I agree with you. Birds of a feather tend to flock together and if this guy is endorsing either one of them, I’m going to stay away. I actually came here to subscribed but have changed my mind.

BarbS. October 18, 2010 at 4:08 pm

I’m not familiar with chard. What is it?

Ross January 26, 2012 at 6:48 am

Its a green leafy plant, similar to silverbeet.

Neil Asher Scam July 30, 2010 at 12:15 pm

This green drink looking good. it will be helpful for the thyroid activity.

Hal July 17, 2010 at 3:59 pm

your green drink looks like a good way to start/ revive the day, but raw broccoli, cabbage etc reduce thyroid activity, an under active thyroid is bad enough without reduced activity, would par-steaming the broccoli first to get rid of the goitrogen spoil the mix?
Regards Hal.

alkaline foods July 14, 2010 at 2:28 pm

wow thats some serious green cocktail of good stuff, ive done the green smoothie before but not with the broccoli, will give it a go
thanks