As the aim is to drink 3-4 litres of water each day I 100% understand the concern and appreciate the due-dilligence to make sure that any substance you are going to drink that quantity of has to be 100% safe and you have to be totally comfortable and confident with it.
I believe that drinking ionized water is one of the best things you can do for yourself. Here are my guidelines:
- Start slowly. If you’re used to drinking low quality tap water then start with only mildly alkaline water for 2 weeks, then build up the pH. Start with pH 8, then 8.5, then 9 and then after 6-8 weeks drink the ph 9.5
- After 2 weeks of the pH 9.5 evaluate how you feel and whether you felt better at pH 9 or 8.5. If you did then go back to that level. Everyone is slightly different so do what works best for you!
- You may experience some detox symptoms when you first start drinking the ionized water – please try and stick with it because it will pass. Remember you are going from pH 6-7 water with an ORP of +200 to +400 to drinking alkaline water with an ORP of -300 to -450. This will superhydrate, alkalise and detoxify your system. The good news is that it will pass quickly and you’ll then feel great
- Never take medication with ionized water – use filtered purified water
- Remember, ionized water is as close to naturally perfect water as you can get unless you drink straight from a waterfall in a very, very unpolluted area. However, if you don’t feel comfortable only drinking ionized water, set your ionizer to give you filtered, unionized water once or twice per day. There is nothing wrong with this.
Remember, you’ve been giving your body tap water, bottled water and other acid forming drinks all of your life – so you shouldn’t be too concerned with switching to filtered, antioxidant rich water.
I hope this helps ease your concerns! Please feel free to ask away in the comments below if you have any questions!
Do You Want To Get Alkaline?
Grab your free, instant access to my Alkaline Diet Beginners Guide, Alkaline
Foods, Charts & ten free alkaline recipes (delicious!) plus all of my goodies delivered direct to your inbox each week.
Your information is 100% secure. By registering here, you will recieve weekly articles, videos and other tips to help you get alkaline. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Note: This blog is only my opinion. It is not medical advice or diagnosis. Only opinions based upon our own personal experiences or information detailed in medical/academic journals or other publications is cited. WE DO NOT OFFER MEDICAL ADVICE or prescribe any treatments. Please consult with a medical professional before making any diet or nutrition changes. Refer to our full disclaimer for more information.