What Is the Healthiest Water You Can Drink?
Every day we are told to drink more water, but we are never told what water we should drink. Is tap water OK? Should we filter? Do we have to buy bottled? Is any water OK?!
In my six years of researching and blogging in the health and nutrition industry I have to say: staying hydrated with the right water is the most important thing you can do for your health.
And if we are going to drink 3-4 litres of water each day it would make sense that we should know what the healthiest water is, right?
Alkaline Ionized Water: The World’s Healthiest Water
This is a detailed run through of what I have repeatedly found to be the cleanest, most healthy water you can drink, alkaline, ionised water.
Alkaline, Ionized water has so many benefits and advantages over any other source of water so before I detail the benefits of alkaline water, here are some of the disadvantages of other water sources:
- Tap Water: I don’t know exactly where you live, but I can bet that the tap water there is far from perfect. Almost all tap water has added chlorine and chlorine compounds to try and kill bacteria and almost all tap water has toxic heavy metals including copper and lead. On top of this, tested tap water often contains pesticides and other toxins which over time can be very damaging to our health. Tap water also has an acid pH of between 6-7, which is not great for health as it adds to the overacidity caused by our diet.
- Bottled Water: apart from being an environmental disaster, bottled water is often only barely filtered (surprisingly few brands are actually ‘mineral water’ most are just filtered), still contain toxins and have often suffered from being stored over long periods in harmful plastic bottles. Bottled water is devoid of any antioxidant activity and often have a very low, highly acid pH. Recent research has also found that around 70% of bottled water brands had high levels of bacteria.
- Distilled Water: whilst providing a clean source of highly filtered water, distilled water comes out at around pH 7 and so is still slightly acidic, thus requiring pH drops to be added to increase the alkalinity of the water. It is much better than tap or bottled water, but still not perfect.
- Brita/Carbon Filters: do a good job of removing pesticides and heavy metals, but leave the water less alkaline than tap water. Only solves half the problem.
The Advantages of Alkaline, Ionized Water
Alkaline water ionizers are, without doubt, the best water filtration systems around. They have so many benefits it is hard to list them all! But in my mind the following three benefits mean they give by far the best quality, healthiest water on earth.
1) High pH Water: the benefits of alkaline water is a whole discussion in itself, in fact, click here to get my Definitive Guide to Alkaline Water. But, as you probably know, drinking alkaline water is beneficial to your health in hundreds of ways. So if you want alkaline water, using a water ionizer is simply the very best way to do this. You can set the level of alkalinity you desire (between approx pH 4- pH 10.5) and voila, you have accurate, alkaline water on tap all day every day.
2) Antioxidant-Rich Water: not many people know this, but ionised water is also high in antioxidants. To give a brief explanation, antioxidant content is measured in ORP (Oxygen Reduction Potential) and the lower the better i.e. the lower the ORP the more the antioxidants. Alkaline, ionised water has an ORP of approximately -200 to -450! To give this some perspective, cola has an ORP of +600 and bottled water has an ORP of between +200 and +800.
3) Up to SIX TIMES more hydrating than other water: that’s right – ionised water actually hydrates you more than other water! How? Let me explain…
When you pass water through an ionizer, it ‘microclusters’ the water. By making the cluster sizes in the water much smaller (by increasing hydroxyl ions (OH-) and decreasing hydrogen ions (H+)) it means it is able to permeate the cells of the body much more easily than tap water that has much larger cluster sizes. This creates the exceptionally healthy alkaline water, but it also serves to make the water more hydrating than normal water.
To compare, alkaline ionized water has clusters made up of five to six water molecules, as opposed to tap water that contains 12-15. With the smaller clusters, alkaline ionized water gains the ability to penetrate tissue and cell walls far more easily, giving far superior hydration. This is also why many people experience detoxification effects in the first few weeks of drinking the water, as it infiltrates areas that have not been reachable with ordinary H2O.
So this smaller particle size allows the water better access to smaller pathways through your tissue – your water literally becomes wetter! This form of “microwater” is 6 times more hydrating than conventional water, and makes more oxygen available to your cells. This accelerates your metabolism and boosts your energy.
Other Benefits of Ionized, Alkaline Water
? Hangover Cure: Ionized water, because of it’s smaller clusters and increased hydration, plus the antioxidant content and high alkaline, acid-neutralising capacity – is a FANTASTC hangover cure. Now, of course, not drinking in the first place is the best hangover cure, but if you are a little worse for wear, drinking a couple of litres of alkaline, ionised water will have you back to your best in no time at all. Combine with pHour Salts, to replace lost mineral salts and you will be rocking.
- Cleans Pesticides from Fruit & Vegetables: the high pH water is fantastic at removing all traces of pesticides from vegetables and fruits – making your food have the cleanliness of organics!
- Sanitises and Steralises: the low pH, acid settings on your ionizer produce water that can sanitise and sterilise your kitchen, bathroom and water bottles – all naturally and without the need for chemical cleaners.
- Removes Stains: the acid water is also fantastic for removing stains such as oil, blood, ink and more. The acid water is able to actually emulsify these liquids lifting them right out of fabrics.
- Skin Rejuvenator: spraying mild acid pH water on to the skin visibly decreases signs of wrinkles, dryness, eczema, psoriasis, acne and more. It is a fantastic toner and cleanser and is also able to remove makeup naturally without the need for chemical makeup removers.
I personally LOVE my ionizer and thank the day that I made the decision to invest in one.
Think of it this way – you HAVE to drink enough water each day to stay hydrated, so rather than tap or bottled water with its bacteria, pesticides, heavy metals and more – why not drink water that is more hydrating, alkalising, is antioxidant rich and only requires a one-off investment and will last you for life!
If you would like to know more about alkaline water and water ionizers then get your copy of my Definitive Guide to Alkaline Water here.
Enjoy alkalising and stay energised!
For more information about alkaline water click here to download my free report “The Definitive Guide to Alkaline Water”.
Do You Want To Get Alkaline for Huge Energy?
Grab your free, instant access to my Alkaline & Acid Food Charts & Eating Guide,
10 Delicious Alkaline Recipes & my instant Alkaline Starter Pack Training. Plus my latest free guides delivered direct to your inbox each week.
Your information is 100% secure. By registering here, you will recieve weekly articles, videos and other tips to help you get alkaline. You can unsubscribe at any time.