Alkaline Breakfast Recipes

Alkaline Breakfast Recipe Guide

When you first start to live the alkaline diet and you go through your list of alkaline foods to work out what to eat, one of the first questions that you will ask is “what am I going to have for breakfast?”.

At first glance I can understand why! Alkaline breakfasts, without guidance, can seem impossible – but I tell you what – they are actually really easy when you know how….and the good news is….I know how.

And the better news is…I’m going to teach you how to make delicious alkaline breakfasts in under five minutes!

And what’s more in this article I will also be giving you an EXACT, step-by-step, day-by-day transition from wherever you are now to eating scrumptious alkaline breakfasts every day.

Oh and I’ve got a bunch of alkaline breakfast recipes there for you too…! Who says I don’t give you my best stuff eh?

“Change Your Breakfast, Change Your Life”

Alkaline Recipe BookChanging your breakfast habits is one of the key, fundamental, life changing lessons I learned from Joseph McClendon. Joeseph is an absolute genius and here is why:

Hundreds of studies have proven that there is a direct correlation between an insufficient breakfast and the quality of your health – including your energy, excess weight and even aging. Have a think now, and write it down if you like (I encourage you to), what have you had for breakfast for the past week? I bet it hasn’t been an alkaline breakfast has it?

Most people will fall into one of three categories:

Breakfast 1: nothing for breakfast
Breakfast 2: the fast (barely there) breakfast
Breakfast 3: the standard Western variety

Each of these has it’s own issues, so let me take you through them one-by-one:

No Breakfast Makes You Fat, Slow and Low

When you have nothing for breakfast you’re getting your body off to a terrible start – shocking stuff. After a 7-10 hour fast (while you sleep) your body is absolutely crying out for nutrients and your metabolism has ground to a halt.

Too many people skip breakfast and it sends your blood sugar and energy levels on a roller-coaster that will end up in snacking, poor diet choices and binging – sending you blood sugar and energy levels spiraling even further out of control. Breakfast eases your metabolism into action, keeping you steady and stable and reducing the likelihood of poor food choices.

Please, please, please don’t skip breakfast.

The Fast Breakfast…aka the Fast Track to Fatigue and Fat

You’re in a hurry and you grab whatever you can on your way out of the door, or worse, on your commute. Have a think about these foods – coffee, toast, bagel, sausage roll, pastry…

Do you think these are going to energise your body?! Do you think these are alkaline and energy giving? Absolutely not. And to compound this, we then eat these foods while we’re on the move which totally messes with your digestive system.

The (Low) Standard Breakfast

When you think about the typical western breakfast what do you think of? Do you think of ingredients such as eggs, bacon, sausages, cereal, toast, jam, orange juice, milk, fried toast, french toast, pancakes, syrup, coffee, tea…

Can you imagine how GREAT it would be if you actually felt vibrant and alive in the mornings?!

How To Kick Start Your Day to Ignite Your Energy & Weight Loss…Immediately:

The Energise Alkaline Breakfast

Now I know that you might be thinking that after ruling out the foods like eggs, toast, cereal, milk etc. there is nothing left to eat!

But I am here to tell you that there is.

There are still SO MANY great, healthy breakfast choices and all of those acid, energy robbing ingredients are only common to breakfast because we have been conditioned that way.

Here is the plan…I’ll make it really easy to start eating alkaline foods for breakfast every day:

Firstly I am going to give you a list of breakfasts for the next two weeks. Then I am going to give you the guidance that will help make it a reality, but here is what I want you to do first.

Right away I want you to stop reading this, grab a pen and paper or open up Word and write down how your life would be different if you were waking up at 6am, naturally, each day, full of energy – able to jump right out of bed and then feeling on top of the world, full of vitality all morning. What could you get done with the extra time in the morning? How would it make you feel?

• Maybe you would be able to start that exercise you’ve been wanting to do but never had the time or couldn’t get yourself out of bed in the morning.
  • Maybe you get to spend a few extra hours a day with your partner and children.
  • Maybe you get to go for a walk and watch the sun rise.
  • Maybe you can start to meditate or do yoga.
  • Maybe you can use these few hours to work on that business idea you’ve been putting off because you didn’t have time

Giving yourself the gift of time and energy will do more for your life than 99% of anything else you could do. So please follow this short exercise. Doing this is one of the most powerful lessons Joseph taught me, and it worked so well.

Step One: Your New Alkaline Breakfast Menu Plan

I will start you gently, but what you are moving towards here is a nutrient dense, energising, alkaline breakfast that will have you feeling just awesome in no time:

(note: where the recipes are not obvious, I have linked to these below)

Week One:

Day 1: Organic oats cooked in a 50:50 mix of water and milk (preferably almond or soy milk), topped with banana, a little honey and flax seeds
Day 2: Organic oats cooked in a 50:50 mix of water and milk (preferably almond or soy milk), topped with banana, a little honey and flax seeds
Day 3: Slices of avocado, cucumber, tomato and alfalfa sprouts on a slice of wholemeal bread, drizzled with olive oil, salt & pepper
Day 4: Scrambled Tofu Mega-Brekkie (see recipe)
Day 5: Alkaline Transition Muesli (see recipe)
Day 6: Slices of avocado, cucumber, tomato and alfalfa sprouts on a slice of wholemeal bread, drizzled with olive oil, salt & pepper
Day 7: Organic oats cooked in a 50:50 mix of water and milk (preferably almond or soy milk), topped with banana, a little honey and flax seeds

Week Two:

Day 8: Quinoa & Apple Warmer (see recipe)
Day 9: Alkaline Transition Muesli (see recipe)
Day 10: Slices of avocado, cucumber, tomato and alfalfa sprouts on a slice of wholemeal bread, drizzled with olive oil, salt & pepper
Day 11: Alkaline Power Smoothie (see recipe) – a smoothie of blended avocado, cucumber, spinach, green pepper and more
Day 12: Organic oats cooked in a 50:50 mix of water and milk (preferably almond or soy milk), topped with banana, a little honey and flax seeds
Day 13: Alkaline Power Smoothie (see recipe) – a smoothie of blended avocado, cucumber, spinach, green pepper and more
Day 14: Slices of avocado, cucumber, tomato and alfalfa sprouts on a slice of wholemeal bread, drizzled with olive oil, salt & pepper

A NOTE ON THE NON-ALKALINE INGREDIENTS INCLUDED

Please note that this is a transitional plan – this means that you are not trying to be perfect from day one. In all of my experience, when people try and be perfect straight away they just end up giving up after 24 hours and feel worse than before. (See here for a video on this)

So, yes, I am saying you can have a little fruit (shock horror!) and I am giving you a few transitional muesli recipes. That’s because all of these are still at least giving you a 70% alkaline breakfast recipe and this is miles better than the standard breakfast stuff like toast, jam, fried foods etc.

This is a transitional plan that I think that EVERYONE can stick to and enjoy. And after this two weeks you will be having an alkaline breakfast more often than not and still enjoying your food.

PLUS these recipes are fast and easy to make! It’s win-win-win.

The Alkaline Breakfast Recipes:

Scrambled Tofu Mega-Brekkie
Alkaline Transition Muesli
Quinoa & Apple Warmer
Alkaline Power Smoothie
Almond Milk Recipe

Here is your action plan:

1. Do the visualization exercise I gave you. Do it, do it, do it!
  2. Print the Alkaline Breakfast plan and put it on your fridge or kitchen cupboard
  3. Prepare your shopping list and shop for these ingredients one week at a time – that way you will have everything you need, ready to go – with no excuses.
  4. Start on a Saturday or Sunday so you can get into the routine at a leisurely pace without the pressures of work
  5. Take some snacks with you to work, such as fruit (pref low sugar fruit such as grapefruit) just in case you don’t get the quantity right to keep you going
  6. Reward yourself at the end of each successful day
  7. Read your vision each night before bed and then when you wake up in the morning before you get out of bed – doing this will guarantee you will succeed – so if you seriously want to achieve this then doing this step will guarantee it. 100% guarantee.

Now go for it!

I would love to hear from you – so please get in touch by leaving a comment below. All you have to do is enter your name, email (only used for verification, you won’t go onto a database or anything) and comment and then hit the send button.

I will answer all comments personally and I really want to connect!

And if you like this – CLICK THE ‘LIKE’ BUTTON!…nice one!

Stay happy, stay healthy

Alkaline Breakfast Recipes by

Scan End June 4, 2014 at 5:42 pm

Do you have any great recipes for fully alkaline breakfasts (non-transitional)

Clair76 May 1, 2014 at 4:40 pm

I’m really getting into the Alkaline diet, I love it! But Soya food is not a health food, it’s actually bad for us to eat, for one thing it disrupts our hormones, needs to be avoided!!!!!

christina November 29, 2013 at 2:13 am

Hello everyone
I have found this site to be highly informative and helpful, Thank you for that.
I am also really surprised at the wonderful community spirit of the people on here. If it wasn’t for everyones input , I don’t know that I would give many topics and thoughts any further consideration.
I value wisdom and advice because I don’t know everything and there isn’t enough time left in my lifetime to study everything.So Thankyou to all who contribute on here. :-)

Dev September 28, 2013 at 3:18 pm

As someone who just typed in “gluten free vegan alkaline food that won’t make me fat” into my search bar, I can’t over state how nice it was to stumble not only onto this page, but onto you! These past months have been terrible, food-wise, bouncing around from one failed food enterprise to another, and finding that though I’m technically eating healthier, I’m gaining weight, and my allergies are still raging out of control. I’m gathering information and recipes to give this alkaline thing a try. Thanks for sharing your breakfast plan, among other things!
~D

Energise Ross September 30, 2013 at 12:36 am

Thanks!

Audra Carrell August 14, 2013 at 10:36 pm

Anywhere you go, I will stick to…Congrats!!!!

Laura June 28, 2013 at 7:23 pm

I eat barley for breakfast sometimes and I usually boil it until done then add spices (cinammon, nutmeg, anise, fennel) and sweetener of your choice such as stevia or honey. Then after done I add lots of walnuts, slivered almonds and pine nuts. Delicious and alkalizing, but not sure about the spices? I usually grind my own. Any advice or comments?

http://Www.kalixforetagarna.se June 25, 2013 at 10:02 pm

What is the advantage of the paleo diet, are related to the overall diet and the Fluorine and its impact on health is
one of them. Almonds, pecans, peanuts, snow-peas and peas,
potatoes, dairy products, sugar and salt from your
diet for a while you get to where you should not have it.
Clearly that’s a problem with our society and the Paleo For Athletes generally. The one that has been sitting in the closet for more than a mile at a time.

Channon June 22, 2013 at 9:47 pm

hi there,

can you please tell me the difference between your first & second recipe book? is the second an updated version or completely new content?

thanks

Simon Williams June 28, 2013 at 5:30 am

Hey!

The 2nd book is completely new content.

Emma April 30, 2013 at 7:50 pm

Hi, I’ve suffered from IBS / IBS-related issues for 5 years now and following a really bad bout of acid (potentially GERD-related), I’m changing my diet for good – to an alkaline one! I can’t touch oats or bran, and try to avoidwholemeal stuff or too much dairy as it doesn’t agree with me. Hence I normally avoid breakfast – not good I know. Given your recipes are mostly oats-based, what else would you suggest as alternatives? Feel at my wits’ end before I’ve even started. Thanks in advance

Mildred April 29, 2013 at 10:42 pm

Have been trying the alkaline diet for 2 years. Although I generally feel better and have not been ill ( don’t pick up the cold or flu) i realise my saliva ph is below 7.0 (about 6.5-6.8) Also I want to put on weight as I have always been thin. Any tips for my situation?

Donna April 29, 2013 at 8:11 pm

What is the pH of Agave nectar and Truvia (stevia)? I use both daily in my present diet.

Lourdes Bleasdale January 14, 2013 at 8:33 pm

I like the resource on weight loss. I really liked this article. Bravo!

Gilberto November 7, 2012 at 9:03 am

Pretty! This has been an incredibly wonderful article.
Many thanks for supplying this info.

barbara October 8, 2012 at 8:49 pm

Hi Ross – thanks for all you do! My new breakfast –
1/2 medium avocado mashed
1 large garlic clove diced
5 small cherry tomatoes chopped
1/2 stalk celery diced
1/4 lime wedge squeezed
dash each of dulse, himalayan pink salt and organic black pepper.
DELICIOUS, ALKALiNIZING, ENERGIZING!

aloha,
barb

Loretta October 8, 2012 at 7:51 pm

What about eggs, are they alkaline

Lorett October 8, 2012 at 7:49 pm

Is Ezekial Bread good to eat and is it alkaline ?

John Taylor September 26, 2012 at 2:02 am

Good Blog. I am alkalising my diet because I have disciovered a tumour up my rectum. A real pain in the ass so to speak. So all you have to say is very relevant and good. There is just one thing you could do for me as you are a brilliant researcher. Do a bit more research on Soy Milk. You could start at the Weston A. Price foundation as they have lots on Soy. There are also lots of other sites and ‘experts’ on the web. From everything I have googled the concensus is that it is deadly. I read a paper some thirty years ago that pulled together research from all over the world and the conclusion was that sugar is a bigger killer world wide than cigarette smoking and Unfermented Soya beans and soyabean products are a bigger killer worldwide than sugar.
Take care and thanks for being there.

John

Mary Jaszcz October 8, 2012 at 3:26 pm

Hi John,

I read abou your tumor. I want to recommend you visit the http://www.digestacure.com website. I think it could help you. Also, I know that Burdock shrinks tumors. I would consider those two options. Just my opinion. But I hate seeing people with these types of issues. Feel free to email me if you life.

Mary Jaszcz.

Clematis September 25, 2012 at 4:01 pm

one of your recipes calls for peppers. My gut cannot tollerate them!! What can I use instead? Peppers cause very unpleasant flatulence – very embarrasing when in company! With the result that when I see recipes with them I actually get cross! Please help. Tx

Phyllis Poole September 22, 2012 at 11:11 pm

Haven’t you heard yet how bad soy is? Go to wnd.com/2006/12/39253 and Dr Kaayla Daniel researched it and has a book. I haven’t read it-no money to buy all the books that are written.
I can’t eat in the morn either like someone else said. I drink milk instead and my ph is about right. I do have baking soda everyday however, and coioidial silver every day too. I have a C silver maker.

Ross September 24, 2012 at 3:14 am

Hi Phyllis

I’ve also heard how GOOD soy is.

> A New Frontier in Soy Bioactive Peptides that May Prevent Age-related Chronic Diseases
> Soy Phytochemicals Prevent Orthotopic Growth and Metastasis of Bladder Cancer in Mice by Alterations of Cancer Cell Proliferation and Apoptosis and Tumor Angiogenesis
> The Role of Soy Products in Reducing Risk of Cancer

These are all from well respected scientific journals, so I guess the jury is out.

As with all in life it is about moderation, but I can assure you this: soy, almond, rice are all WAY better for you than dairy. Drinking dairy in the morning instead of breakfast is not a good idea going forward and I do urge you to revisit this strategy. Dairy is incredibly acid forming.

Meena sharma September 25, 2012 at 11:02 am

Sorry to disagree but soya is not good for you at Addenbrooks hospital Cambridge the advice is to stop taking soya products from the cancer unit this advice is given to all women with breast cancer or any lymph disturbances, as a homeopath we do ask people to limit intake, we do not absorb soya as well as the our Asian counterparts, there are differences in our weather, lifestyle and diets which need to be taken into account and listen to your bodies they tell us more. Thanks for the other info it’s very usefull

Jill October 12, 2012 at 10:46 pm

I’m sorry the science today is brought at the right price. Most scientist today rather have a fat pay check than tell the truth. Just my thoughts (from what I’ve read)

Tanya September 22, 2012 at 6:15 am

What about having a smoothie with the alkaline ingredients as breakfast and then a 10 o’clock snack? Is it really necessary to have more than that for breakfast? I find that our bodies need much less than we think to energise us.
Thanks for a great blog, recipes and inspiration :)

Conny September 22, 2012 at 5:21 am

Great site! Thank you so much for sharing your wisdom. Just the vertical bar on the left (Facebook etc.) is very inconvenient. I can’t close it or move it and it is exactly in the way of reading your posts.

alison September 8, 2012 at 10:48 am

Unfortunately I can’t eat oats , nuts, milk, muesli , not sure about quinoa …. allergic to most grains..and I thought soya was no longer thought to be good for you!….thanks..

Anna Bland August 16, 2012 at 8:07 am

I have acid reflux and extreme tiredness. The doctors havent been that great (iv been referred but on waiting list for months) and iv also sought alternative therapists who have put me on natural remedies. These have helped but i am still not 100% and still sluggish and tired so have taken matters into my own hands. I thought i was eating a very healthy diet but found it mainly to be an acid diet!! Whilst researching on line about acid and alkaline foods i came accross your webb site and cant wait to try your breakfast ideas. Thank you in advance as im confident that this is going to improve my energy lvels.

Kat October 11, 2012 at 6:53 am

Hi Anna!
How did you cure your acid reflux?

Crsytal May 31, 2013 at 7:56 pm

My husband was taking medication for his acid reflux, it was getting so bad the medications had no affect on the problem. He started drinking Bragg’s Organic Apple Cider vinegar with a little water and it was working so well after a couple months he felt comfortable enough to stop taking the medications and since then he drinks it daily and not only improved the acid reflux, but also lowered his bad cholesterol and improved his skin. He makes a Quart of it every day and drinks it between meals. For every 8 ounces of water add 1-2 Tablespoons of ACV, he also adds lemon slices for flavor, he calls it his new Tea.. Hope this helps

Kira August 15, 2012 at 3:58 am

Please, oh please! Is there any way to get rid of the vertical “stumbleuponit” bar? It is really annoying, I can’t move it and it makes it very difficult to read your site. PLEASE?! I really love your posts but this makes it really frustrating everytime I try to read anything.
Thank you!

irene ramsammy August 15, 2012 at 2:18 am

Hi Ross, should I measure how much food i should eat or i can have any amount

Kathi August 11, 2012 at 5:07 pm

Hi Ross!
Just had consult at local health food store/pharmacy this week. Started me on Rejuivi-Flora for major candida and also alkaline diet…and ACV with each meal. I shouldn’t eat many fruits bc of the sugar. I’m confused with alkaline diet vs sugar content. Can I alter your bfast recipes to be low in sugar? Also, how long until I see a difference in my ph?
Thank you!

debra August 5, 2012 at 9:47 am

thanks, i used this to get back into eating a breakfast and it’s winter here in south africa so i’m loving the porridge. breakfast is helping me with low energy levels.

i’ve had abnormally low blood pressure as far back as i can remember. while i was trying to drink up to 2 litres of water a day (acc. to your calculation it should have been closer to 3 litres) i became so tired it was a struggle to get up, didn’t feel i had the wherewithal to deal with anything. i felt depressed and had to stop. any advice would be appreciated.

Candra July 11, 2012 at 2:46 pm

I truly appreciate this article. Thanks for the suggestion to start little by little. I don’t think I could do this overnight. My husband and I are doing well for lunch and dinner, so next is breakfast!

Yerko July 8, 2012 at 3:47 pm

awesome guide Ross, thanks!!

Is so cool cas I was struggling with the break fast, and now I will no! and that qinoa-apple stuff so cool for winter..

but one thing, it doesn’t matter what kind of apple right? Red, green, yellow, etc?

take cares

Leslie Lilien July 2, 2012 at 1:59 pm

Sounds good can you do the same sample menu for lunch and dinner?

tamsin July 1, 2012 at 5:59 pm

I would be really interested to hear your response to Vanessa’s respectful comments. I felt angry when I read the rather dismissive way you replied to her and also that you haven’t responded again yet, and I am needing reassurance that you are able to take debate and genuine questions seriously. I wonder if you could post a reply to her questions?
I don’t know her, by the way.

I am at the gathering information stage about health and alkaline, and for me, the way in which we respond and engage in discussion and questions is really important as I try to sift through the different health approaches.

I

Frank Kock June 30, 2012 at 8:47 pm

Dear Ross,
Thanks for all the information.
Realy, realy good.
Thanks to you we are doing great.

Cant remember the “visualization exercise”.
What is this ? ? ?

Eve June 29, 2012 at 4:26 pm

Just read your report, sounds great, will give it a try, thanks for insight. Like the smoothie recp.

Diane Clarke June 28, 2012 at 12:39 pm

Hi Ross, thanks for all your advice, I have trouble with eating in the morning, do a manual job, and have trouble with cramping if I eat before work. Sometimes in the winter I’ll have some some oats as a supper before bed. Any suggestions, thanks Diane

Stephanie Roy June 28, 2012 at 12:11 pm

A Pop-up arrived as I was reading today’s email for making alkaline water at home. It asked for my name and email but nothing identified it as coming from you. Is it yours? (I see a similar advert window at the top right of your email.) If it’s from you – you should have it say so, and if not, you might want to warn folks to be wary of it. (I hardly ever click on pop-ups…don’t trust ‘em!)
Stephanie Roy
ps I took a screenshot of it which I can send if you like

Imogen June 28, 2012 at 8:35 am

I’ve been having chopped tomato and pink grapefruit with a handful of almonds and sunflowers seeds for breakfast since changing to a more alkaline diet. I’m full of energy and feel better for not having a breakfast containing yoghurt. Is this a good alkaline breakfast?

Many thanks!

jean June 28, 2012 at 7:10 am

where’s the protein? carbohydrates and fats, carbohydrates and fats…they’re good carbohydrates and fats, but there’s no protein for breakfast until day four with the scrambled tofu? that’s not balanced…

shelby August 6, 2013 at 4:56 pm

..Jean, I agree with you, your body craves protein upon awakening…and I agree…how is that balanced? Its fine to give up bad crap that one shouldnt be eating..but to not have protein in the morning , to me , seems out of balance. Ross , you say that all dairy is ‘ acidic’..but yogurt is on the ‘ alkaline foods ‘ list.
I love my Greek Yogurt and I dont have it everyday, but my skin and my stomach weight sure can tell the difference by having it. I have been eating Fage Greek Yogurt for …8 years now. I am 58 years young…and while I am not drop dead gorgeous ( ahem- thats my 3 daughters! ) I fare pretty well , when I see women younger than I am and they look older. We need good fats in our diet to maintain our skin, and its elasticity. We need certain things that come from other food sources. Clean eating is great, and I combine this with the Alkaline food list. I believe in having a balance, and I even eat my chocolate every so often I make sure its at least 75% cacoa or higher, dark chocolate. One should not deprive themselves of lifes little pleasures , in food. :)

shelby August 6, 2013 at 4:58 pm

..and yes , that pic of me is not that old. Christmas 2012. :) Just in case anyone was wondering. ;)

Kathleen June 28, 2012 at 4:25 am

You indicated organic oats cooked 50:50 water and milk with almond milk. Almond milk is high in acid. I use coconut milk or soy milk and soak the oats overnight. Then in the morning I put it in the blender with fruit and hemp powder and some chia seeds. Blend and you have a great tasting smoothie that can be consumed on the go if need be.

Darlene June 28, 2012 at 1:02 am

……………………Please delete that like, tweet, whatever strip!
……………………Extremely annoying, can’t see the text, can’t even type
……………………in this box and see what I’m typing on the left. Guess I’ll
……………………just unsubscribe.

Dawn September 9, 2012 at 8:59 am

You can shrink the screen under tools or the wrench in Google Chrome ( top right corner) to 90%. The annoying box moves into the left margin and then you can see the screen clearly. No need to let that box ruin your mood while you’re enjoying this website!

Charlotte June 27, 2012 at 7:54 pm

Hi, I have been eating mostly alkaline since Easter, with quite a few treats I must admit, but a breakfast that I find really satisfying and alkaline is half a grapefruit followed by buckwheat flakes with soya milk and mixed seeds (pumpkin, sesame and flax) it is really nutty and tasty and doesn’t need any added sugar. There is a little maize and cane sugar in the buckwheat flakes ingredients, but they are basically good and of course completely gluten free. Buckwheat flour is also excellent for making pancakes, and a vegan friend makes them with soya milk and no eggs, so very alkaline and yummy. breakfast was the meal I found easiest to switch to alkaline, my downfall is chocolate, but I limit myself to small quantities of dark chocolate.

Loretta Helton June 27, 2012 at 5:59 pm

Hi Ross, I am allergic to wheat/gluten, eggs and soy. I can eat an egg once in a while, but I avoid the others. Can you give me a substitute for breakfast that will not contain any of these items. The avocado etc sounds good but I don’t know about every day. I did find an organic instant oatmeal product that I eat sometimes that is gluten free – would this product be as good as the steel cut? thanks for your feedback.

em June 27, 2012 at 5:46 pm

Sorry I meant “flour” not “flower” xD and wanted to add that the like bar makes it very difficult to post coments…as some other readers have mentioned before me, that problem must be fixed :/

em June 27, 2012 at 5:43 pm

Hi Ross and everyone at energise. I’ve been following the alkaline diet for quite some time now (around two years) with the help of your website and with good results, but I’m a bit disappointed that all the recipes both in the book (which I bought from you) and the website are “transitional”. I’m way over transition already and haven’t found truly-fully alkaline recipes anywhere so I’ve had to make my own but that makes my diet quite restricted. I’ve been eating the same thing for breakfast everyday: plain quinoa and a big salad made with mostly alkaline veggies (greens, bell peppers, some cucumbers, some tomatoes, celery etc). I’m ok with that but would love to read some non transitional recipes and material. Also the last questions I posted around the website were never answered :( like how alkaline was quinoa…wether it contains phytoestrogens and if quinoa flower was also alkaline :) anyway, grea article and great website.

Melinda June 27, 2012 at 5:17 pm

Hello Ross!
Thanks for all the tips and tricks you provide in your newsletter and blog, it’s really useful and I’m enjoying the recipes a lot. I’ve been trying to eat more alkaline and also raw for the past few weeks and I feel terrific, seriously wonderful. The breakfast recipes sound very tasty indeed. I usually start the day with an alkaline raw smoothie, made with random veggies I feel like including that day, which is pretty fun – the smoothie tastes different every day and always leaves me feeling fresh and energized. However, I know you’re an expert in alkaline recipes, but I wanted to ask you for some other breakfast options that are both alkaline and raw. Do you know any other good options? I love my smoothie but some variation never hurts :)
Have a wonderful day, take care!

Dan June 27, 2012 at 5:13 pm

I eat the steel cut oats every breakfast. I start when I get up and eat my fruit (usually cantaloupe) and 1/2 hr later a serving of cooked steel cut organic oats with 1 tbs of almond butter, stevia and unsweetened almond milk. I wait 1/2 hr as I was told not to eat fruit and starchy or protein at the same time! I am diabetic and use the almond butter (protein and good fat)to smooth out the blood sugar level. Also gives me more calories and good fats as I need more calories to keep from losing any more weight.Works great and my lunch time urine check is always alkaline!!

Mia June 27, 2012 at 2:48 pm

Dear Ross,
Thank for this – I’ve gone through a period of having a BIG struggle staying alkaline deluged with cultural pressures everywhere to eat acidic diets. It’s very difficult as “all the things we love” are constantly around us. Yet on this, we gain weight, get sick etc. It’s just refreshing to have some creativity and some empathy (i.e. transition and the horrors of fruit!) to get us going on the right path again. We appreciate your creativity, support and blog. It’s nice to have leadership and ACTION plans, not only articles, but support. From the Eastern US beaches of Florida all the way to you ….THANK YOU!!

David l t June 27, 2012 at 2:08 pm

Can the body get too alkaline? Just slightly alkaline seems really good. How about too much?

Peter Mitchell June 27, 2012 at 1:10 pm

Great site, however, one question regarding your breakfast. A trusted medical journalist, Phillip Day, in one of his books talks about the 3 digestive cycles in the body, each of 8 hrs. From 4am to 12 pm is the elimination cycle, where the body is getting rid of the waste from the food gatherd teh day before and assimilated overnight from 8pm to 4 am. Midday to 8pm is the accumulative phase, gathering small meals throughout the afternoon. During the elimination cycle it is suggested that not much food goes in, and if it has to it should be easily digested juicy type fruits, excl bananas and avos as they are more difficult to digest. The days of gathring ‘energy’ to get one thru the day is no longer viable as this was based on the industrial revolution and changes in work periods. We are meant to be living off te energy gained from the food we ate the day before, not what is eaten at breakfast…a bad word in its own right…as the ‘fast’ is no such thing but the time the body requires to break down the gathered food and convert it into either energy storage or waste. Eating a heavy, all be it alkaline breakfast means teh body’s elimination process is slowed by having to digest the breakfast. So, it is not always what we eat, but when we eat it as well. What are your thoughts?

Vanessa June 27, 2012 at 1:09 pm

Dear Ross,

I have been following your site for a while and interested in acid/alkaline foods but have also made the transition to primal eating over the last year, following a health problem that I’m certain relates to gluten/grain ingestion (along with sugar) and an absolute conviction that primal is the way we should be eating.

I respect that you are passionate about your health and trying to help others as well BUT…

Are you seriously advising not to eat eggs or bacon in favour of grains?????????

I simply cannot believe you are giving people this advice. Have you ever set eyes on http://www.marksdailyapple.com/ ? (Or any of the other ‘paleo’ blogs, where the evidence (and references to studies that may or may not be flawed) is scrutinised and the posts go into such scientific detail sometimes it can take a lot of concentration to get your head around)?

I have resisted the urge to write this for a while now but I’m starting to get really riled by some of the advice (albeit ‘non medical’) that you are giving. Where is your evidence for this piece of writing:

“No Breakfast Makes You Fat, Slow and Low………

This starts a vicious cycle immediately in your day. Not only do your cells start to cannibalise to get the nutrients they need (including breaking down bones and muscle) but your body trains itself not to expect food in the morning, so your metabolism gets even slower as your body goes into ‘starvation mode’ – clinging onto any fat it can for energy.”

The highlighted link to the study means aboslutely nothing to me as there are so many other factors involved which are ‘wrecking’ the blood sugar levels…. mainly the cereal which people ate for two weeks prior. Once a person has been eating primally for a while, fasting is much easier and has a different effect on the body. I have personally tested this. Intermittent fasting is not only beneficial but, as I now believe, crucial for health and longevity. Mark Sisson has just recently done a massive review of fasting, split into sections. Here’s the one on longevity but if you scroll down you will find the links to the other ones too:

Intermittent fasting (intermittent, not continuos) doesn’t gobble up your bones and muscle, it gobbles up harmful cells, like cancer cells:

I feel like on that website, both sides of the argument are debated until the correct conclusion is found. Whereas here, I feel like you have an ideal in your mind that the world should be vegetarian and are trying to make things ‘fit’ to that.

Meats and proteins may have produced some acidity on your tests but were they organic, grass fed (high in omega 3, rather than omega 6) and with minimal cooking, cooked in saturated animal fat and not vegetable oils? If the answer is still yes, then I would say that when we were hunter-gatherers we would have eaten almost everything raw. Including eggs and freshly hunted meat. The fact that we now need to cook our meats to kill bacteria that may have accumulated in the handling and packaging process and that this possibly makes them acidifying when they wouldn’t be naturally, doesn’t mean the body doesn’t need those nutrients. Have you tested the effect of raw, organic egg on the body, for example?

I will never, ever in a million years go vegetarian, or favour a bowl of porridge instead of eggs and bacon. In fact I have spent the last year weaning myself off the last of the difficult-to-say-goodbye- to-grains….. porridge. I feel so much better, cleaner, and I have also lost a lot of ‘stubborn’ fat. My teeth have never been so clean. I do also eat a lot of fresh vegetables, raw. And I drink raw lemon juice every day. I do this because I like it and because I feel it equals out any acidity caused by the cooking of the proteins I eat. But nothing could persuade me now that it’s right to avoid animal proteins. We have evolved on them.

How would you debate this?

Ross June 28, 2012 at 4:16 am

Hi Vanessa

Mark has an opinion I value and I have an opinion too. I have never said you should be vegetarian or tried to force anyone to do so. If you want to include good organic meats as part of your 20% acid to 80% alkaline thats fine.

I don’t have the time right now to go through and debate all of your points, but you seem like you’re attacking me on one point but then moving onto another (about fasting or not and the whole paleo approach – which I do like by the way)

I also have no problem with proteins (hence the oats and quinoa – which is not a grain by the way).

I’d conclude by saying our approaches are quite similar in the majority of ways, but with minor differences. We both say:

- eat clean
- eat fresh
- eat raw as much as possible
- eat loads of greens
- eat loads of salads
- don’t eat too much sugary fruit
- avoid crap, processes, sugary foods
- stay hydrated
- exercise well

But we disagree on

- quantities of meat
- grains

I’d say chill out and accept that this is a personal blog where I just say what I believe in. I don’t owe it to anyone to do anything other than that and you have all the freedom in the world to simply not read it.

Vanessa June 29, 2012 at 12:40 pm

Dear Ross,

Thank you for replying to my comment. I definitely am not ‘attacking’ you (and perhaps instead of writing ‘riled’ I should have written ‘frustrated’ but the former is how I initially felt when I received last Wednesday’s newsletter).

If you write a blog like this surely you must be prepared for people’s reactions and comments and also personal experiences? Saying that I can ‘simply not read it’ is not really very professional or kind. I have actually supported your business by buying some supplements in the past, and most likely will do again, so I am one of your customers. And, as I said, I am interested in acidity/alkalinity. But over the last year or so I have seen you put bacon and eggs in the same list as pancakes, toast and cereals more than once and this time I had to say something, especially as it was in the newsletter in my inbox, addressed to me personally. I regard this as wrong information. And I’m letting you know. Whether or not they should be on the same list in terms of alkalinity may be of personal opinion but in this post here:

you write:
“The (Low) Standard Breakfast

All, yes, ALL of those foods are very acid forming, will zap your energy, send your blood sugar spiraling out of control and leave you feeling that 10-11am slump, if they don’t already have you snoozing on your commute to work.”

Now… bacon and eggs should NOT be in that list if you are lumping them together with insulin-producing foods. Bacon and eggs have zero on the Glycemic Index scale. They contain no sugar whatsoever. Please explain to me how they will make my blood sugar spiral? I cannot believe you are not aware of this… that proteins and fats from animal sources are not on the glycemic index (I’m not talkin about milk… which I don’t drink).

You say you don’t have time to go through my points and debate them. But you actually haven’t answered any of them. For example, about the quality of the meats/oils in your acidity testing and also about raw, organic eggs.

If I am wrong then please educate me. If I am reading your newsletters, buying from your company and responding to your blog posts then I am one of the people you are trying to educate and help, am I not? Why should I either keep my opinion to myself or not continue to read?

I also want to point out that this is not simply a ‘personal’ blog where you post about your personal experiences. That would be different. You have built up a business from this and have a following. Your articles are written in the style of advice, where you say what people should and shouldn’t do. In that case I do believe you have a responsibilty to be as accurate as possible, or at least concede on something if it is pointed out to you that it is wrong. I disagree and think that you do ‘owe it’ at least to listen to your readers and adapt to new facts. Not wanting to compare again, but Mark Sisson does do this and does adapt his theory in light of reader responses and new information.

Thanks again,
Vanessa

ps I know that quinoa is not a grain and I have some quinoa flour in the cupboard which I occasionally use for thickening a sauce or something. Oats ARE a grain and they will harm people far, far more than a lightly poached (or raw) organic egg, for example. Something which has been around since the beginning of time.

Michele June 27, 2012 at 12:04 pm

Hi Ross, Thanks for the recipes. My family has been trying to become more alkaline and lunch and dinner recipes from your book are great. I have 3 young children and breakfast is sooo hard. They would definitely eat the oats, but the others no way. What would you recommend for young children ages 5, 6 & 9. Thanks so much!

Sandra Dean June 27, 2012 at 10:47 am

I bought a Chanson way back … last year , we already had a reverse osmosis system fitted.. but we still have not fitted the Chanson , as my husband cannot figure out how to..is there a helpline or something that we can contact that offers assistance in this,.. thank you.

Karen June 27, 2012 at 10:37 am

I am currently on a sickness benefit and stuck within a public health system and waiting for a back operation which they are saying may not work and could make things worse for me – I am a qualified teacher with a master of education, who was once active, passionate about education, learning and teaching and really energetic – now I am housebound and literally crippled – since reading your writing on alkaline foods and diets I have changed the way I eat within the constraints of the money I am getting and the diet that I used to have and where things like coffee, alcohol and smoking were part of what I would call a crutch for the situation I am now in I have replaced with lemon/lime water, vegetable juice, redbush tea, vegetable soups with lots of greens and lentils/beans (where before I relied on microwave meals as am unable to stand and cook meals), and probiotic yoghurt, for breakfast I now have either muesli and blueberries or two slices of gluten free bread with avocado, tomato and alfalfa sprouts (and occasionally tuna); before I had no breakfast now this has become my daily intake and an apple a day. It has definitely changed the way I look at food and eat even though I am unable to exercise. It has stimulated me and has increased my focus and concentration and I am sleeping a lot better. I cannot get away from the pain and without the medication I take I would not be able to cope at all but changing my diet has made a huge difference to my lifestyle and wellbeing. Thank you.

Le Nette June 28, 2012 at 6:12 am

Hello Karen,

I don’t know where you live, but in Orangevale California, USA is a doctor that can likely fix your back. He uses the Disc Pump, cold laser, and trigger point therapy. People who came in with wheel chairs are now walking. The treatments are non-invasive, not painful, and range from five to 20 treatments depending on how bad your entire spine is. He corrects spinal misalignments, pinched nerves, bulging discs, and more. He’s even helped people after their fourth failed surgery. Back surgery is only successful 25% of the time. Neck surgery is successful 75% of the time so you have good reason for concern. Check out Dr. Russo’s website at Discpump.net. One lady came over from India recently because fell off the back of a transportation vehicle (like a rickshaw) and was told she had to have back surgery. Her son in the US told her about Dr. Russo. She came and was treated twice a day for four days. She returned the fifth day no longer needing surgery and in good shape. I am undergoing treatment now for herniated discs in my neck and low back. The results are amazing. Years of leg and foot cramps gone. Many other side-effects, gone. I highly recommend Dr. Russo. His treatment is unique. He has to train other doctors as it’s a combination of several disciplines. You speak with him personally and consultations are no charge. He is a chiropractor but he doesn’t believe in cracking and popping you as it damages discs. His work is very different, but highly effective. Hope you give him a call. His website has the info.

Peter Arthur June 27, 2012 at 10:21 am

Hi Ross,thanks for your latest on alkaline breakfast.I regularly enjoy organic jumbo oats with soya milk (lightly sweetened with a small amount of pure apple juice)and one chopped banana.I drink green organic tea throughout the day(three lots) in between pints of filtered water(with addition of alkaline drops to adjust PH to 8.0 and 8.5 value)I find that if I go above these values it will give me a Queasy stomach.Because I am drinking this amount of green tea, what is the difference in taking decaffinated teai.e are any of the benefits lost,by removing the caffeine. Regards Peter Arthur.

Levine June 27, 2012 at 9:06 am

i’m a skinny guy and i want to gain more weight. i wake up at 5.30 in the morning and go to the gym at 6.30. So what’s the best breakfast plan for me (to have full energy at the gym and also gain weight)? i ask this because i see that your plan here is for losing weight.

thanks in advance

Lee-Anne Trewartha May 29, 2012 at 9:51 pm

Hi. Ive been told I am really acidic and I have to change my diet. I have Fibromyalgia and associated digestive issues..eg. if I eat legumes, you may as well shoot me..the same with oats, or anything high fibre. How can I alkalise my body without these things?

Chintana February 26, 2012 at 11:56 am

Thank you Ross, this article is so helpful! I have prepared the quinoa breakfast in you new recipe and it is delicious and so easy to make. As well as preparing the Delicious Refresher juice! I am pregnant since 5 months and just love to take care of my body as well as the growing baby inside of my belly. Following mostly alkaline diet I have not had any nauseas and just feeling great all the time. Would be interested to have some recipes to prepare organic alkaline food for the baby (to know already now) or to know if there were any books regarding on that.
I appreciate a lot all this information in your blogs you are sharing!

Chintana

Donna February 26, 2012 at 11:48 am

Hi Ross, i am 30 yrs i have had 3 lots of acute pancreatitis attacks over the last 2 & half yrs. My gall bladder ( i am not overweight either) was removed as the cause nearly 2 yrs ago however i have just had another attack last week . I am definately looking for a diet that is kind to my pancreas and as i have suffered from extreme fatigue on a daily basis for about the last 7 yrs (doctors have never picked up why) i am guessing it am far to acidic!!! I have found your website really helpful – once question though. This bread that you are allowed to eat on an alkaline diet – what is it called and where can you buy it in australia??

really glad i found your website!
Cheers Donna

Maurice June 27, 2012 at 9:46 pm

Hi Donna
Sorry to hear you were “encouraged” to have your GB removed. Doctors seem to think its no problem to “throw it away!” This is an important organ, and its function needs to be substituted as far as possible by lifetime daily supplementation. Are you doing that? Suggest you check out mercola.com (site search engine is excellent). Its likely the Worlds most popular health site (sorry Ross and Dr Young!) run by a highly qualiifed Doctor, in addition to alkalising, which should be your way forward too. Have you had Dr Youngs live and dry blood analysis yet? Good luck in your quest. Maurice (trained by Dr Young)

Teresa February 20, 2012 at 10:52 am

Like Mari i have a large strip on the left of my screen which makes reading the screen difficult/irrating. Love the site but how do i get rid of this strip.

mari February 17, 2012 at 10:28 pm

Hi Ross: Is it possible to get to delete this large ‘like’ strip that won’t go awaaaaaaaway from the screen. It makes reading everything very
difficult andifficult and it is very annoying. I don’t want to connect to facebook facebook, tweet or google when reading this. It is ruining my enjoyment enjoyment of your site. Have you tried it yourself??? HELP

mina amarteifio February 15, 2012 at 4:13 pm

Discovering your site has transformed my life and I feel so much better since cutting out all acidic foods however im concerned that the many vitamins im taking are not so alkaline.
Can you tell me which vitamins are acidic?? and are acidolphus/probiotics supplements ok to take as part of an alkaline diet??
Many Thanks in advance

Sarah Gravelle February 15, 2012 at 12:30 pm

Have recently ‘found’ you and loving all your articles etc.
I have been having grapefruit, a few blueberries, seeds – sunflower, flax, pumpkin – hemp, gojiberries and almonds plus a warm lemon water drink for breakfast/ How is this on the alkaline scale? Is it a good start to the day.
Also I have just started taking spirulina and chlorella tablets for all their excellent benefits. What are your thoughts on these two please? have you writte about them anywhere please. Thanks Sarah

Nelly Grigoriadou November 29, 2011 at 9:55 am

Thank you so much for the information. To tell you the truth I ‘ve been drinking only green juice with water and lemon in the morning -at least till 11-12 for a long time. I use every day your bottle from Energise (I love it!) I would like to try out your breakfast recipes, the one with the tofu must be great! I will give you an idea of a smoothie I make on Sunday for my husband and daughter:
Green smoothie with pinapple (3 slices without the core), 2 bananas, 5 laitue leaves, a generous portion of spinach and a cup of water! (Add water as needed!) I hope it is alkaline enough for you!(?)
Lots of love xx Nelly Grigoriadou (I am greek and live in Paris)

Emma November 21, 2011 at 11:49 am

I am suffering severely from morning sickness and feel like my natural stomach acids are burning my throat for a few hours after. If I were to eat an alkaline breakfast, would this help neutralize the acids and settle my stomach in the mornings an help reduce the vomiting? I likes the sound of oats, banana and honey.

Toby Keogh February 1, 2012 at 11:21 am

Stomach acid is a by product of producing Sodium Bicarbonate, your body uses this Sodium Bicarb to ”digest food” by raising its pH. If you have excess acids in your diet (in any meal) your body will have to produce more Sodium to raise the Ph, above 8, which is what’s required for digestion. The acid comes as a waste product from producing this Sodium. By increasing the alkaline food in your diet, your body will produce less Sodium therefore Less HCL as a waste product. This will reduce the burning effect. If it was me I would Increase my green veggies and leafy greens in as many meals as possible.

james mcnally June 27, 2012 at 11:04 am

I have barrets syndrome. Metaplasia of esophagus cells and a hiatal hernia. Grapefruits, lemons, limes, tomatoes etc are supposed to turn to alkaline – right? Or am i adding excess acid in my stomach which is increasing erosion of the esophagus. I am on a ppi (proto-pump-inhibitor)–pill to remove excess acid. Any one out there got a recc or ans for me regsrding the barrets. Thanks

Virginia November 9, 2011 at 8:40 pm

I get all my drinking water from stores that deionize and also have multiple other stages including ultra violet which takes out the germs that can accumulate in other filters- only 35 cents a gallon.

Virginia November 9, 2011 at 8:36 pm

I eat loads of whole grains and lots of raw vegs (going more to cooked as weather is giving some winter-type days). I eat only a large breakfast (after citrus first thing in the morning) but like my 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt topped with many fruits along with my own recipe for whole grains breakfast bar which also contains 2 large eggs, butter and 2 apples chopped, 1/2 C of raisons along with whole wheat flour, rolled oats, milled flax seed, wheat germ, cinnamon and hulled sunflower seed. I won’t eat tofu and hate any kind of liquid “meals”. My only other meal is supper (sometime in the PM and preferably not much later than 2) and I also have a portion of organic dark chocolate around 5. Supper has some home roasted turkey breast slices about 1/2 the time with raw avocado and other veggies (cucumber and red pepper are some of my favs and jicama when I find good ones), but now changing to my black beans and slices of yam in cold weather. I also have my pizza regularly with a sauce I make with low salt canned tomato and fresh brocalli, a few cheeses and a small amount of organic pork sausage or nitrate free pepperoni on my dough of ww flour with flax seed. This diet does fine for me and I never recieved the chart of Acid and Alkali -but I only retrieve my mail about 2ce a week and there may be 5# at a time so perhaps it was wrapped into an ad.

mischa November 9, 2011 at 9:17 am

Hey Ross. Great work on helping people like me- thankyou!

I have bad candida and and coeliac as well as acidic. It would be really helpful if you could do an ‘anti-candida’ alkalising tips/ menu ( i think main differences are we cant eat nuts and things like that? but i get so confused with trying to follow an alkaline, anti candida, coeliac, no sugar, no yeast, no fruit diet!
thanks,

Cornelius November 8, 2011 at 10:45 am

For about a year now I have been suffering from GERD and DIVETRICULITIS. Can you please recommend what alkaline diet i should take for my breakfast and lunch

Cornelius

Paula October 8, 2011 at 11:35 pm

Hi, how is it that lemon water tests at about ph 4 and is considered alkalising, and alkalised water is above 7 and is alkalising? Also how does the Water Alkaliser that you sell 1. Filter out toxins such as sediments and fluoride. 2. add minerals, where do the minerals come from and what are they? eg Calcium Magnesium etc.
Warm Regards
Paula

Ross October 11, 2011 at 6:47 pm

Hi Paula

Regarding lemons – they are alkalising once consumed, its an anomaly. Search my blog if you need more info there is heaps here about it. Just type lemons into the search bar.

Regarding the ionizers – they have an internal filter which removes a lot of the crap from tap water, and you can also get a pre filter too which is unbelievably effective if toxins in water is a concern for you (it is for me!)

The machine doesnt add minerals per se, it uses the beneficial minerals already present in water. Other machines sometimes add minerals if their ionization plates are not effective enough on their own to make alkaline and acid water, but the Chanson is powerful enough without having to do this :)

I hope this helps – you can find out more at http://www.energiseforlife.com/alkaline-water-ionizers

Allergic September 12, 2011 at 3:06 am

This would be great if you weren’t severely allergic to avocado!! I guess it’s oats and more oats for me.

Ross November 7, 2011 at 3:26 pm

I am so sorry to hear that. There are other fruits that are highly alkaline like grapefruits.

———

Click Here to Connect on Facebook & Get More Recipes, Articles & Connect with Ross”

———

del June 21, 2011 at 9:28 am

Hey Ross.
My name’s Del. I live in Wales – UK. (A littlr into there).
Anyhow, I have been suffering with a severe stomach / intestine problem for around 6 months. The G.P’S have prescribed antacids and medications to prevent cramps etc. I even take my Mums stong pain killers to assist with the pain. While I await an Endoscopy I researched ? The H- Pylori infection in the net which brought me to the Alk diet. This is my 2nd day of attemping this diet. I am 99.9% certain that the radical change in my diet will help the condition.
Reading the article re your breakfast suggestions I notice you commented on fruits – the fact that you ‘allow’ some inc in the diet.
Are fruits not OK to eat on an Alk diet? Also I researched re Oats (my previous standard b’fast ceral option) – Apparently they have a slighlty acidic effect on the gut?
Im getting a little confused with the different info on the net. I am trying to be REALLY good and stick to the ALC DIET 100% as the pains Ive been having have been pretty bad at times…
Help please?
Thanks , Del.

John Carraway December 1, 2011 at 3:38 pm

Del – You have to alkalize and detoxify yourself by consuming bio-available minerals and drinking pure sodium bicarbonate and water solutions between meals and before bed everyday. Stay away from sugar and flour products, eat fruits and nuts instead. Avoid processed cooking oils, use virgin coconut, palm, and olive oils only. Buy an ionizer and drink 3 liters per day. Take minerals, enzymes, omega oils, and a lot of antioxidants daily.

Denise May 18, 2011 at 5:56 pm

Thank you for sharing your road to great health so devotedly. I have been vegan for six months eating grains, beans, nuts, seeds, vegetables and fruit. Last month I had a severe bout of diverticulitis treated with massive doses of antibiotics. Although I am eating (I would say 90% alkaline) I cannot stop loosing weight. I am 59 years of age, very active.
Thank you for any advice you can give me.

Ross May 24, 2011 at 8:08 am

Hi Denise – if the problem is that you want to MAINTAIN weight then this article will help: http://www.energiseforlife.com/wordpress/2010/08/23/alkaline-diet-muscle-building/

geet April 26, 2011 at 2:20 pm

hi i am 40 yr f i live in a small city in india we do not get the ingredients you mentioned except for bananas and oats i also suffer from acidity could u suggest something else thanks

Anu April 4, 2011 at 7:20 pm

Also Ross, what is sprouted bread please? And could sprouted soy be substituted with sprouted grains like green and other lentils, chickpeas, kidney beans? Thank you for your help.
Anu

Anu April 4, 2011 at 7:15 pm

I am writing to you from India.
FYI, I am vegan, have been vegan in fact for over 10 years now, but even so, suffer from acidity, GERD sometimes and other gastric ailments which seem to be linked to IBS.
My problem is not obesity, I am slim already so I dont want to lose weight, just want to be healthy. My diet by itself consists of very little oil, lots of different vegetables, fruits, nil refined carbs except for bread, no ready made drinks, no white sugar, no coffee…. you can see, I am on the right road, have been for a while, but obviously there is something I am doing wrong to still be suffering.
I am absolutely dying to try your recipes, but many of the ingredients are not available here, like quinoa for one, or even Spelt oats, for eg. Could you help by giving me substitutes please?
I wait to hear if you have any suggestions for me.
Thank you for your time.
Anu

Georgie Johnson March 30, 2011 at 9:12 pm

I purchased your alkaline recipe book about two weeks ago.
I am thoroughly enjoying working my way through all the recipes. Breakfast juices or smoothies have been a fantastic way to start the day. Quick and easy.
I would suggest trying to prepare as much as you can in advance and make a shopping list, i will make things much easier.

If you haven’t tried it the Chille Non Carne is fantastic.

Many thanks
Georgie

Angela Theobold March 30, 2011 at 8:30 am

Having started the Added Vitality programme with Andrew Bridgewater I was delighted to learn we could access your material. I was somewhat confused as to what I could have for breakfast and was getting myself in a bit of a spin. Your email was so timely and for lunch yesterday I made the scrambled tofu with tomatoes. I haven’t a clue yet what sprouted bread is, so went for a freeform bagel – wheat free, gluten free, dairy free. Not sure this is allowed, but am just making baby steps. What is the visualisation you talk about Ross?
many thanks
Angela

bobbi in CA October 1, 2011 at 7:28 pm

http://www.foodforlife.com/ This is one source of a sprouted bread available in the US. It mimics the recipe in Ezekiel 4:9

Joe from Adelaide Australia February 27, 2011 at 1:49 am

Read your B/Fast info and have a question.
My B/Fast consists of 1 weatbix 1scoup meusly containing cranberry and all sorts of bird seeds taken with rice milk and yougurt.
Is this OK ?

Cindy from London March 5, 2011 at 7:15 am

One thing I’ve learned is that variety really is the spice of life. Not only does it keep us from going off track, but it broadens the range of nutrients we’re taking in and allows our body to respond well to them. If we always take in the same thing every day our body gets used to it and doesn’t respond as much. I would say to eat something different at least 2-3 times a week.

Ross April 8, 2011 at 10:02 am

Hello Joe,
Let us break down your breakfast. The wheat and seeds are ok. Cranberry, milk and yogurt are acidic. You can refer to the free alkaline recipes for your breakfast.

Rheter Chamers February 26, 2011 at 11:19 pm

Before I turned the computer on the computer I was thinking how I need to make slow steady changes one at time till eventually 70:30 alkaline. At first quick easy breakfasts, lunches and dinners ideas with small alkaline changes. I wanted this way of eating to become my new habits, ones that would stick for life. Then I opened my e-mail, read your newsletter ALKALINE BREAKFAST RECIPES AND IDEAS SAT 26/2/11 and was delighted to read that this was exactly what you were going to do. Are u a mindreader or have other people requested the same thing? Thankyou for making the transition easier. Rheter

Hannah Forbes February 26, 2011 at 9:07 pm

Dear Ross,

I love this idea. I have been thinking about it for a while and think it is just amazing!
I have one wee problem though. I am a student and therefore don’t have a huge amount of money. Do you have any recommendations or ideas on how I can do it cheaper without having to buy the course?
Thanks,
Hannah

Ross April 8, 2011 at 10:02 am

Hello Hannah,
Actually you can purchase the ingredients of the alkaline recipe at your local store. If you can’t find it there you can go to the local health store. But something that would really save you up money is to grow your own ingredients. For example grow your own sprout. Please read the Alkaline Lifestyle Guide Book, there you can learn how to do so.

phyllis frost February 23, 2011 at 9:33 pm

Thanks for the breakfast info. Recipes are so invaluable when you are on a new regime nad wow is this different.

paul reeve February 23, 2011 at 5:50 pm

for my breakfast i always have raw organic buckwheat porridge.
100gs of raw buckwheat soaked in water over night.
drain and rince well in cold water to get rid of the slime.
1 tsp of cinnamon and enough coconut milk to blend into a porridge with a hand blender. no cooking needed, really nice !
regards paul

Angelica February 21, 2011 at 4:42 am

Interesting article! I have been battling with re-occurring symptoms of general, fatigue, lethargy and tiredness ever since I was diagnosed with a bout of glandular fever that hit me pretty badly about a year ago. After being dissapointed with the lack of advice in how to go about managing this from western doctors, (other than rest and relaxation), I was frustrated and felt compelled to explore alternative paths to healing through Traditional Chinese Medicine.

The Alkaline diet that you reccomend is very similar to a diet that I was prescribed from a chinese doctor but much more strict. I was told I needed to eliminate all toxins from my body through an extreme liver detox that involved cutting out all sugar, fats, alcohol, caffiene and dairy from my diet for at least 10 days and included eating predominantly raw salads and green veges with smaller servings of rice and protein on the side. (I was allowed to eat some fruits like pears and apples in moderation and snack on raw almonds and plain rice crackers but this was only in between meals and small portions at a time). EEK!

needless to say I went through extreme withdrawal symptoms from the shock to my body, and whilst I had moments when I noticed significant improvements in my energy levels, I would often feel sick, nauseous and light-headed most of the time, so after the 10 days was over I decided not to go back to the chinese doctor as the full treatment was VERY expensive and as a consequence fell back into some of my regular patterns of eating (old habits die hard!)

Since then I have ‘shifted gears’ so to speak, and decided to make the transition from a high volume, high stress full-time office job to a part-time retail job selling teas at T2 (which I LOVE) and has made a big improvement on my general health and well-being …BUT I still feel like I am up and down with my energy levels most of the time and whilst I am not overweight nor lead an inactive lifestyle, struggle to find the right balance in terms of what food I should be eating and when.

I have been onto a few websites but it seems like a bit of a minefield of info out there, am all for trying to alkalise my diet again but am also lactose intolerant and have switched to a gluten free diet in order to help my digestion so some of the breakfast options you prescribe would be out for me.

any suggestions, advice or input you have about this in your experience would be great, as I am also considering going to see a naturopath to see what they say…and sorry about the length of my comment! (lol)

Cheers
Angelica

Slaviana August 23, 2011 at 1:17 am

Hi Angelica,
I have have been gluten-free for more than a month now while also trying to make my diet more alcaline. I think quinoa, buckwheat groats, and gluten-free oats will all work in the above recipes in place of regular oats.
Slaviana

Gabe Hunninghake February 18, 2011 at 8:33 pm

Thanks Ross! Your timing is perfect. I just gave a class last night on a pH approach to nutrition and this was one of the more popular questions/frustrations.

Your ideas are awesome.

Gabe

Ross February 21, 2011 at 12:55 am

Thanks Gabe – tell me more about your class!

mary February 18, 2011 at 4:52 pm

I am toooo skinny to eat that kind of food. I have been trying to pick up weight for sooooooo long.

Ross February 21, 2011 at 12:56 am

Hi Mary

Read this: tp://www.energiseforlife.com/wordpress/2010/08/23/alkaline-diet-muscle-building/

And watch this video: http://alkalinedietmadeeasy.com/alkaline-foods-diet-questions-answered-video/

They will help you a LOT!

miguel cubillos February 18, 2011 at 4:47 pm

thank you!

Althea February 18, 2011 at 1:06 pm

Top of the morning to you Ross,
I have a gluten allergy on top of a toxic system. I am just learning about an alkaline diet. Thanks for your information that is tremendously helpful. I will start with your breakfast suggestions.
Appreciatively,
Althea

Ross February 21, 2011 at 12:59 am

Hi Althea

I really hope I’m able to help! The beauty of the alkaline foods approach is that it is naturally gluten-free!

Helen February 27, 2011 at 1:40 pm

Spelt isn’t gluten free, what would you suggest as a gluten free alternative to spelt flakes?

Ross April 8, 2011 at 10:03 am

Hi Helen,
You can use sprouted flours to make your own pasta or find gluten free pasta at your local store.

Ross April 7, 2011 at 2:15 pm