Since moving to Australia in 2005 I’ve eaten a LOT of Asian food – it’s really fresh, delicious and cheap out here – Thai, Japanese, Indian, Nepalese…
All of these countries and regions are fantastic for eating vegetarian, vegan and alkaline – none more so than Japanese, where fresh and raw are the order of the day!
SO here are my Alkaline Sushi rolls! With just a few tweaks (gotta love the tweaks) sushi gets the alkaline makeover:
• 215g (1 cup) brown rice
• 4 nori sheets
• 1 ripe avocado, peeled, mashed
• 1/2 cucumber, cut into thin strips
• 1/2 red capsicum, deseeded, cut into thin strips
• 1/3 cup coarsely grated carrot
• Bragg Liquid Aminos, to serve
• Optional: fresh red chilli or dried chilli flakes
• Optional: firm tofu
1. Cook the brown rice according to the packet instructions and then place in a large bowl. Using a fork, mash in 1/4 of an avocado with the rice to give it that traditional ‘sticky’ feel of Japanese sushi rice. This way is much more alkaline!
2. Slice all of the vegetables, and if you’re using tofu too, quickly fry this in coconut oil and a little Bragg Liquid Aminos (soy sauce replacement)
3. Place a nori sheet, shiny-side down, on a clean surface. Use wet hands to spread one-quarter of the rice mixture over half the nori sheet, leaving a 2cm-wide border along the edge closest to you.
4. Spread about a quarter of the remaining avocado across the centre of the rice. Arrange one-quarter of the capsicum and cucumber across the avocado and top with one-quarter of the grated carrot. If you’re using the tofu, place this in here now too.
5. Roll up firmly to enclose filling. Brush edge of nori with warm water to seal. Repeat with remaining nori, rice, avocado, capsicum, cucumber and carrot. Set rolls aside, seam-side down, for 5 minutes to rest.
6. Cut each roll into 6 pieces. Serve with Bragg and optional chilli!
Do You Want To Get Alkaline?
Grab your free, instant access to my Alkaline Diet Beginners Guide, Alkaline
Foods, Charts & ten free alkaline recipes (delicious!) plus all of my goodies delivered direct to your inbox each week.
Your information is 100% secure.
By Registering here, you will recieve articles, videos and other tips to help you get alkaline.
You can unsubscribe at any time.
Note: This blog is only my opinion. It is not medical advice or diagnosis. Only opinions based upon our own personal experiences or information detailed in medical/academic journals or other publications is cited. WE DO NOT OFFER MEDICAL ADVICE or prescribe any treatments. Please consult with a medical professional before making any diet or nutrition changes. Refer to our full disclaimer for more information.