Top 7 Alkaline Herbal Teas (Yes Herbal Tea is Alkaline!)

alkaline herbal teaHi guys

Since I’ve been promoting hydration as the most important part of the alkaline diet I’ve had heaps of questions asking me whether herbal teas are alkaline, so I thought it would be a nice idea to blog about my favourite alkaline herbal teas!

Is Boiled Water Alkaline?

The first thing to address is this – is boiled water alkaline? The answer is yes! Water that is ‘naturally’ alkaline due to ionization or mineral content holds it’s pH wonderfully. You can use a water ionizer, alkaline water jug or other filter to make alkaline water, boil this and you’re set. If you’ve ionized the water, it also holds its ORP too.

As for pH drops, I would add these to the tea after it has boiled and cooled a little (i.e. just before you drink it). I’m personally not that comfortable boiling pH drops. No scientific reason, it just doesn’t sit well with me!

Lemon water, and adding minerals to the water should also be

Top 7 Alkaline Herbal Teas

1. Yerba Mate Tea: A wonderful tea, native to South America, that can be really useful in detoxing and cleansing. It gives a slight energy boost, that is free from the jitters of caffeine-based drinks such as coffee and green tea and each infusion of yerba mate contains:

• Vitamins: A, C, E, B1, B2, Niacin (B3), B5, B Complex
    • Minerals: Calcium, Manganese, Iron, Selenium, Potassium, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Zinc
    • Additional Compounds: Carotene, Fatty Acids, Chlorophyll, Flavonols, Polyphenols, Inositol, Trace Minerals, Antioxidants, Tannins, Pantothenic Acid and 15 Amino Acids.

2. Redbush Tea (rooibos tea): absolutely PACKED with antioxidants, this awesome tea is a great drink to have if you’re trying to transition away from coffee. It’s slightly bitter taste helps replace that bitter urge for coffee and black tea. It’s packed full of nutrients including calcium, manganese, zinc and magnesium – all powerful alkaline minerals.

3. Peppermint Tea: very alkaline, very tasty and very, very good for digestion. It’s refreshing, natural and caffeine free and has been widely recommended for IBS, flatulence, bad breath, nausea and heartburn.

4. Ginger Tea: one of my personal favourites, this zingy badboy is also good for digestion and nausea – but is also great for circulation, colds, flu, stress and headaches.

5. Rosemary Tea: native to the Mediterranean, Rosemary is another big hitter in the antioxidant stakes. I love it because it grows SO easily and you get LOADS of it when you grow a bush! It’s high in the following: beta-carotene/Vitamin A, thiamin/Vitamin B1, riboflavin/Vitamin B2, niacin/Vitamin B3, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, biotin, pantothenic acid, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin E and Vitamin K making it a great all-rounder!

6. Lavender Tea: the best smelling tea, lavendar is the great relaxer – helping ease you off to sleep, to ease anxiety and stress and to help unwind after a long day. Luckily I’ve got almost as much lavender growing as I have rosemary! Hence me being so relaxed :)

7. Rose hip Tea: rose hips are the fragrant and tasty fruit of the wild rose plant and make a very very flavoursome tea. Because of the very high vitamin C content in rosehips (along with other vitamins, minerals and tannins), rosehips are considered to be an energizer. They are also rich in flavonoids, which help strengthen your body’s capillaries among other things. Very useful for colds, flu, headaches, stomach aches and more

To be honest, aside from green, white and black tea (which all contain caffeine) you can’t really go wrong!

Herbal teas are a great way to up your fluid intake with flavour! And of course, feel free to add lemon, mint or anything else like cinnamon to add extra alkaline flavour!

Enjoy and let me know your favourite in the comments below!

Top 7 Alkaline Herbal Teas (Yes Herbal Tea is Alkaline!) by

Jenny July 16, 2014 at 5:23 pm

I am a great lover of herbal teas and recently met a lady who starts her day with warm water and lemon (hot water allowed to cool). She advised me to use a straw to protect the teeth from the effects of acid from the lemon water. I have seen glass straws on some sites and this seems a good idea to me. Perhaps if Energise doesn’t stock glass straws it could add them to its stock? Thought this might help others. Thanks for all you do Ross.

Cristian May 20, 2014 at 3:21 am

Great info. I am from Argentina, and have been drinking Mate for years. I make mine using a filter. Since you mentioned that it was Alkaline I used a Ph strip to check it and it tested Acidic. Is it similar to Lemon where it metabolises Alkaline ?

I love it and use it in place of coffee, but worried that it may not be helping in my alkaline mission

Pauline March 28, 2014 at 10:42 am

Good article. But how could adding lemon juice (citric acid) to the tea make it alkaline?

keith usher April 18, 2014 at 9:17 am

it’s important to remember that fresh lemons are also anionic. Once you drink the acidic lemon water, it will become alkaline as your body reacts with the lemons’ anions during the digestive process

Bridget March 18, 2014 at 2:20 pm

Rooibos is one of my favorite teas. Like others mentioned, I would not have described it as bitter, but rather, very smooth. I’ve had Yerba Mate which I think is more satisfying to coffee lovers. Chai also seemed to work well when I was trying 5u wean of coffee. Maybe it was that spicy bit of cinnamon that did it. To avoid chemicals or unhealthy decaffeinating practices, I only buy certified organic.

Pauline Haughton February 18, 2014 at 11:39 am

Very good information…

Louis November 30, 2013 at 8:29 pm

Yerba Mate, some Luo Han Guo (monk fruit) for sweetness, and a teaspoon of organic, raw coconut oil. Yummy & filling, and alkaline! Enjoy.

kate November 7, 2013 at 5:22 pm

I”m sure these teas that you have listed are fine, indeed. The highest mineral content lies in these herbs: alfalfa, nettles, lemongrass, lemon balm, dandelion leaf, red clover leaf and flower, spikenard leaf (a bit hard to find), parsley leaf, horsetail…..camomile is nice in the mix too. I usually take a few of these and mix them for one tea…then take another few, and mix them. so I have a few jars of different mixes, and alternate them every few days. Infuse the herbs in very hot water overnight, then strain in the morning and drink during day. sometimes i’ll make a couple quarts to drink during the day….

Gina February 25, 2014 at 12:17 am

Can any of these herbs be used to naturally alkalize drinking water?

Energise Ross February 25, 2014 at 5:00 am

They all contribute in their own way a little, but none are a full alkaline water solution on their own. They wouldn’t affect the pH enough.

Gina February 25, 2014 at 2:48 pm

Thanks Energise Ross, so do you think the Alkaline water systems are required to alkalize water? An herbologist told me they were all scams and that water can be naturally alkalized.

Energise Ross February 27, 2014 at 1:01 am

Hi Gina

Alkaline water systems are not the only thing in the market which can alkalize water – But they are probably the most effective and reliable for a limitless source of alkaline water.

Lucie October 24, 2013 at 3:05 pm

For those of you querying why you suffer bad reactions to herbal teas, I too wonder if there is something else involved. Mould has been suggested, but maybe it is also worth considering the chemicals in the teabags – I believe some are bleached with cyanide etc
I sell (and drink) loose-leaf herbal tea which I have grown myself without any chemicals, so I can vouch for its natural purity and freshness

Giorgina September 25, 2013 at 3:21 pm

Dear Ross,
I have only recently started to drink herbal teas and cut down on caffeine. Before I used to drink lots of black tea, coffee and energy drinks. I was never really keen on herbal teas but I have started finding some that I like. I really like liquorice tea and I am drinking plenty of it. Please tell me that it isn’t the only herbal tea that is not alkaline!
Thank you.

Naomi September 3, 2013 at 11:37 pm

I agree 100% growing up with drinking English tea this so naturally sweet nothing needs to be added. Sometimes I leave plants inside and drink it cold the next day. Too Happy

oliver August 5, 2013 at 2:05 pm

mmmmmmm im also very fond of my rooibos tea:-).Im from South Africa and i find it a bit interesting,that you say rooibos has a bitter taste lol.On the contrary,its naturally sweeter then most teas:-).Greentea on the other hand makes me want to vomit lol.Great article!

Val May 16, 2013 at 11:34 am

What is your opinion of pu-erh tea? It’s fermented for 60 days, so I’m wondering if that changes the ph.

Pablo October 21, 2012 at 8:22 am

Hi there, I’m from one of the biggest consumer of Yerba Mate country in the world, Argentina and I’ve got to warn you about it. It has a huge quantity of caffeine. People are addicted to it, as it has so much caffeine, and they can’t start the day without it.
I’ve drunk it my whole life and some time ago I’ve just left it because it made me so nervous.
The detox and all that is true, but it doesn’t worth the caffeine.

Dave October 2, 2012 at 4:29 pm

Hi Ross, wondering if you have experienced “moringa” tea. As the tree is recognised as being the most nutrient dense plant on earth and the powder is acclaimed to assist with over 300 diseases, i was wondering if Moringa tea is firstly alkaline and secondly if it maintains all of the nutrients,vits / minerals, amino acids, antioxidants and anti – inflamatories, etc.
would appreciate your comments,
thanks for a great site and service, regards dave

Jeremy October 1, 2012 at 1:59 am

Is hisbiscus tea alkeline?

Rene September 28, 2012 at 5:47 pm

Hi, Ross! You provide great information.
Thank you! Re: Yerba Mate Tea…… I love it; but
did you know it contains caffeine? Nevertheless, For me, it’s a
wonderful and gentle morning wake-up!

PETER August 28, 2012 at 9:36 pm

Is Liquorice tea alkaline?
Also do you have any recipes for alkaline smoothies?
I look forward to hearing from you.
Cheers Pete.

Evelyn Iguisi August 6, 2012 at 12:31 pm

Please i would like to get your news letters. Have been really suffering from acid stomach. All tests say it is well but what i eat and drink seem to determine how i feel. Can you please tell me about alkaline food. Some just mentioned red bush tea which took me to your website and i see it is very rich. Please enlighten me on the acid alkaline Diet.

Evelyn

Mario May 20, 2014 at 1:40 am

Evelyn, drink lots of Peppermint Tea, especially before bedtime.What works for me; cut back on your protein foods, carbohydrates from grains. Try to eat your protein at breakfast. At lunch and dinner, a small one, just consume vegetables and a small amount of fruit. If you have stomach distress, an ulcer, chew two DGL tablets, deglycyrrhizinated licorice, 20 minutes before each meal. DGL works by mixing with saliva. Enzymatic is a good brand. Good luck.

mrheartburn June 23, 2012 at 4:35 am

pepperming tea is known for heartburn not for relieving heartburn.

where did you read that peppermint tea reduces heartburn?

daria August 14, 2012 at 12:28 pm

You are correct, peppermint is evil to the esophageal sphincter and causes acid reflux to rage.

Mary December 20, 2012 at 1:32 pm

Peppermint tea does wonders for my bloating and pain. Just had some yesterday and worked great on me.

Mary December 20, 2012 at 1:36 pm

I sell organic tea and coffee and research them to find the good and bad in them to pass on to my customers.

Jenn June 21, 2012 at 2:24 pm

Pine tea is also delicious, and if you have a tree nearby, it’s free! Brew hot or cold and don’t sweeten in any wsy until you’ve tasted it alone! But, if you prefer, a touch of cinnamon, lemon, mint or vanilla might be a great addition.

June March 21, 2012 at 3:55 pm

There is a box with a place to hit “Like” or “Tweet” etc. that I can’t seem to move and it makes it really difficult to read anything on this website. Is there a way to move it?

Deborah D-G April 23, 2012 at 8:18 pm

I have the same thing.

katem April 19, 2013 at 9:17 pm

Try a different browser – doesn’t do it on mine. I am using Firefox.

Cozza December 8, 2011 at 8:32 am

I would love someone to help me understand why nearly all herbal teas give me reflux-like symptoms? Why do alkalizing teas not work for me? Rose Hip – rips my guts apart. Peppermint – shocking. Camomille – bad. Rooibos – bad. Lavender – bad. Even lemongrass and ginger which I love. I do have fructose malabsorbtion problems and wonder if all teas have natural fructose?

daria August 14, 2012 at 12:29 pm

Maybe you just have a sensitivity to tea.

muse September 6, 2012 at 12:14 am

Herbal teas are known for carrying mould (if they are old etc) perhaps you have a mold sensitivity – that can happen if you have a candida imbalance etc. How are your sinuses? Hay fever? Check out your relationship to mold.

How is a high quality yerba mate?

Good luck! Don’t worry. You’ll get to the bottom of it.

katem April 26, 2013 at 12:52 am

Me too. I think the teas are treated with something. I can tolerate very few.

Patrick Leuchs December 6, 2011 at 2:16 am

Thanks a lot for the fantastic post. Whereas I was reading it I found a number of issues that I’ve been considering lately. I needed to leave you a short note to let you know that I admire what you wrote. Recently I’ve been coping with some tough private issues and have felt considerably disconnected. There is a number of online content available but it’s excellent content material like yours that gives information to individuals such as myself. I learned so much from your post. Thanks, and I will definitely keep in mind your post and come back once more to learn more of your terrific content within the future.

reba November 20, 2011 at 4:09 pm

Sorry, mis info on the yerba mate. although a great tea, it does contain caffeine.

Alix June 21, 2012 at 12:43 pm

No mis info- mate contains Mateine, not caffeine. Also a stimulant but completely different to caffeine. Look it up :)

J May 17, 2013 at 5:06 pm

Mateine is just another name for caffeine probably coined to sell more mate.

Source: http://www.erowid.org/plants/yerba_mate/yerba_mate_chemistry1.shtml

Mate is great, especially as a replacement for coffee or black tea, but not for those sensitive to caffeine or with caffeine addiction. Use in moderation.

Jeannie October 3, 2011 at 3:47 am

Ross, you mention that rosemary tea has B12. I understand that B12 cannot be found in plants?

Susy August 30, 2011 at 5:21 pm

I just wanted to now if boiled tap water is alkaline?

Thanks.

Ross November 7, 2011 at 2:47 pm

Hello!
Boiling your water is just killing the germs in it but not necessarily increasing the alkalinity. You can try to test your water’s pH level by using a pH strip. If you want to increase the alkalinity of your water you can add drops of pH drops or just a slice of lemon.

———

Click Here to Connect on Facebook & Get More Recipes, Articles & Connect with Ross”

———

Dustin August 30, 2011 at 2:10 am

This is a great blog I LOVE teas and I will certainly be adding these teas to my diet and checking out your posts often, thanks for spreading your knowledge I appreciate it… check out my blog sometime when you get the chance, it’s always good to build with those who are like minded, peace!

Ross November 7, 2011 at 2:53 pm

Hello,
Thank you so much I appreciate it. We do our best to help people to live a healthy life style.

———

———

rosacea dieet August 26, 2011 at 7:54 am

Hi!

I have been following your posts and I am learning a lot. Also this tea thing is new for me. I am trying to do alkaline diet because I have rosacea. I discovered that coffee is a very bad thing for me, it makes me flush like … you know…

So I switched over to drinking tea. I thought only green tea was a choice, but now I know there are others. I’m glad, because I don’t really like green tea.

What do you think of tea with fruits rich in anti oxidants? Do you think I can make my own fruity tea?

Thank you in advance for the reply. I learned a lot, thank you!

(If my writing looks like it was written by a four year old, excuse me, I’m from Holland, doing the best I can! haha!)

Paula-Ann August 22, 2011 at 7:28 am

Forgot to add – Yerba Mate tea is heavenly! I drink that in place of green tea. I also use a chai spice “tea” (no actual tea in this only the spices ) and add the yerba mate to it.

Rene September 28, 2012 at 5:51 pm

Wow! Great idea. I’ll try it!

friday ogbo August 21, 2011 at 4:45 pm

Thanks for your educative write up, might help if we can readily locate where to get these teas.

chris parmenter August 18, 2011 at 7:22 am

Hi Ross. I always have peppermint tea after a meal in a restaurant or at home in the evening. Fennel is great for digestion and I start the day with hot water and a slice of lemon. Cammomile is great for winding down as I am a very anxious person. I avoid dairy for health and ethical reasons. A year ago my husband had lots of probs with over acidity. A nutritionist made us aware of you and now my husband loves all the herb teas he once shunned. His athletes foot has gone and he has lost about 7lb of tummy flab. Amazing what simple changes can do. Thanks for all your info. christine Parmenter Sheringham Norfolk.

Josephine August 17, 2011 at 7:30 am

With tea being packed into teabags, are they considered alkaline as well? Read from the net that teabags are not “friendly” to our body.
Cheerse
Jo

Bob August 17, 2011 at 3:26 am

Thanks for all the info you send out to us Ross,
it is much appreciated.
A few Qs
1. What about the caffine in Yerba Mate?
2. Chamomile tea?
3. Vanilla – my wife loves a vanilla mint tea that has vanilla flakes?
4. Lemongrass?
4. Does the freshness/storage of teas make a diffence?
Bob

Alix June 21, 2012 at 12:45 pm

I believe that the stimulant in Yerba mate is Mateine not caffeine. The two are very different.

Vonny August 16, 2011 at 11:31 pm

Thanks Ross,
Loving these informative emails, keep em coming :-)
Finding it a bit tricky not having my morning coffee at work… any good suggestions?
I do love dandelion, peppermint, ginger, lavender and rosemary tea but they don’t seem to give me that “wake me up kick” I get from coffee, doh!
Vonny >i<

Charlie Taylor August 16, 2011 at 8:11 pm

Hey Ross,
I used to drink 10-15 cups of builders tea a day, with milk & sugar, YUK! makes me cringe now, I managed to give this up by having Redbush tea on its own instead of. I cannot remember the last time I had a cuppa & am now 4.5 stone lighter & alkalized. I just drink Ionized water now & feel brand new ;-))

bio energy dome August 16, 2011 at 6:36 pm

Thank you, Ross! As always, your information is so very informative and usually something I have never thought of. I had never heard of Red Bush Tea and I’m dying to try it out. I’ll have to run in to Galveston, Texas to the nearest health food store and try some! Thank you again, Ross…

Pauline August 16, 2011 at 6:10 pm

Thanks Richard for the herbal drink suggestions. I can now do without tea or coffee !
I’ve lost a stone! now able to jig!!
I now have a clean bill of health but I shall continue with this Alkaline diet. I feel good. x Pauline

Rene Hinds August 16, 2011 at 4:40 pm

Thanks for a great article. This is info I will save and use.
You don’t mention nettles, which, according to Susun Weed, are a powerhouse of nutrients. What do you think?
I’d like to know more about what we get out of other herbal teas, such as lemon balm, catnip, and hibiscus.
A final question: Is the alkalinity of the herbal tea increased by adding a few drops of lemon juice?

Onika August 16, 2011 at 4:05 pm

I have terrible issues with acid reflux, and I have been using this alkaline diet since November 2010. I love finding news recipes and different ideas on what I can add to my diet. I love red bush tea and I have been drinking since I heard it was alkaline. Thanks for more teas to add to my list.
P.S.
I also lost 10 pounds since I started this new eating lifestyle and I feel like myself again.

Thanks Ross!!!

Simone Moir August 19, 2011 at 2:54 pm

a great trick for accid reflux:

It has always worked so far when recommended to clients suffering.
GREEN apples
no joke, it goes against instinkt to put a sour apple into your tummy, it’s mainly the skin so do not peal!

Enjoy an accid free life :-)

Desiree October 13, 2011 at 1:20 pm

But has your acid reflux GONE?

Id like to know because I have the mild form of it (LPR) and would love to know what works for others.

Best,
Desirée

unnikrishnan August 16, 2011 at 4:01 pm

I love Rooibos from Africa.

Kim August 16, 2011 at 3:58 pm

Nettle tea is very good too. Lots of silica and very alkaline

Pat August 16, 2011 at 3:32 pm

Absolutely love Rooibos Tea!..I drink a Rooibos Chai blend, very flavorful..Fortunately, many of the teas you listed, I am consuming. I love adding grated ginger to my lemon water. I sweeten with Stevia..hope I’m doing it all right. Looking forward to trying the Lavender Tea.

Miriam August 16, 2011 at 2:53 pm

I forgot to mention that while green tea can be bought decaffienated, I understand something like 29 acids are used to take out the caffiene – so which is best? (I drink no coffee at all.)

Miriam August 16, 2011 at 2:48 pm

Dear Ross: I have long drunk green tea as I read everywhere that it is beneficial for the kidneys. Since I am diabetic type II I know kidney failure is a prevalent cause of death if one continues to allow blood sugar to fluctuate up and down. I don’t know whether it is alkaline. I suppose I could test it, but much better if you let me know. I brew two 16-oz glasses of very cold green and oolong tea mixed, two bags of each (Triple Leaf brand) made with boiled alkaline water from my ionizer). A friend of mine who works at the Vitamin Shoppe has lost much weight, which she attributes to her drinking of this tea twice a day, so since I have long been a fan of green tea I decided to add oolong and try it, and have been doing it since she told me this. I haven’t lost much weight but then again I haven’t really been trying – but have lost inches to the point that all of my pants are falling down. What do you think of all this, and are green tea and/or oolong tea alkaline? I know the water I make it in is alkaline. PS: At night before bed I drink chamomile/mint tea, which I know is alkaline. Also, I eat and shop for groceries and eat from your alkaline/acidic foot chart at least 80%plant foods, and hardly any meat, dairy, and other acid producing food except a little wild salmon (for iodine and omega3), eggs, jarlsberg lite cheese, and plain Greek yogurt with the lowest sugar content I can find (7grams); it’s amazing how few people know that the whole purpose of the cultures in yogurt and pro-biotics is to fight sugar, so what’s the point in eating Activia or one of those mainstream yogurts with a lot of sugar and fruit already in it. You can add your own fruit and avoid most of the sugar. Sometimes I make my own yogurt for my grandchildren and it has no sugar at all. Then I add fresh blueberries or one of the other anti-inflammatory fruits and my kids love it. If it’s not sweet enough I just add a little stevia when served. I am 78 and probably the healthiest person I know of any age including my daughter, son-in-law, and 3 kids. The most horrible thing I can think of would be to outlive them, but they are much too busy to pay attention (the same as I was pre-1973.)

Alix June 21, 2012 at 12:49 pm

Miriam I would say no. Ross and other alkaline diet websites are pretty clear about anything with caffeine not being alkaline. Green tea and oolong tea have caffeine.

Shallette August 16, 2011 at 2:41 pm

I am so greatful for ur input on my life. It is so challenging trying to change ur eating and drinking environment. This helps my whole family! May God BLESS u. SHALLETTE

Wangdi August 16, 2011 at 2:32 pm

Hi, Thanks for sharing all these wonderful information on herbal teas with us. Would you also throw some lights on Himalayan gooseberry tea and the cinnamon detoxification tea which are both considered herbal teas, caffeine free and immensely good for health. Thanks

Cindy Kassie August 16, 2011 at 1:31 pm

Am also looking forward on your information on Tulsi tea

Cindy Kassie August 16, 2011 at 1:28 pm

Great! information. Thank you.

Elizabeth FitzGerald August 16, 2011 at 1:20 pm

Wow this is just what I was after. The herb tea
I am celebrating finally feeling settled with the alkaline diet. It has taken a couple of weeks, but I am now starting to find the discipline easy and my system feels nicely balanced with no cravings.
Thanks for your great blog

Toby August 16, 2011 at 12:56 pm

Half of your email did not come through…..please resend.

nasrin raissi August 16, 2011 at 12:52 pm

I want to let you know that”greatly appreciated”

LC August 16, 2011 at 11:42 am

How can green tea be good if it has three times the caffeine if coffee? I heard it damages tooth enamel also. I’ve lately been feeling slightly sick after drinking it. I used it as a coffee caffeine substitute but it dehydrates me more than coffee and effects my mood…and in still hooked on caffeine!

Jon August 16, 2011 at 9:48 am

I’m huge fan of red bush (roiibos) tea. I’ve recently seen a green tea version of it which is naturally caffeine free (made by Tick Tock). I assume this will be alkaline, but it’s not clear whether there’s more anti oxidants in it versus the normal red bush version.

One to be aware of. It tastes less bitter than the traditional caffeinated green teas.

macclean olorunsola August 15, 2011 at 11:28 am

In Nigeria, it is difficult to get the teas you mentioned. Also it is not easy for us to get foreing currency to order from abroad.

We are handicapped. Please if you have any contact in Nigeria that could help I will be highly appreciative.

Thanks for improving the well-being of human beings.

cat August 14, 2011 at 11:54 pm

Hi Ross (long time no contact from me but I am still around!).
What do you think of Tulsi tea – this is the one all my fellow Personal Trainers are raving about at the mo! Just about to MEGGA do the pH again (I m am pretty good but little things are slipping back in) – so will be back on the forums again. Although I am strict in what I eat I have NEVER felt as good as I did on the pH protocol, so need to revisit and WILL start on Thursday! (there is logic here trust me!!). All the best and yo are doing a FAB job!

julie lindbloom August 14, 2011 at 10:02 pm

Do you have any information about how to help interstitial cystitis? I am a Athletic Trainer and personal trainer and I have a client who has this chronic condition. Everything I read says it is not curable and is definitely food and beverage related in terms of triggers. Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you, Julie Lindbloom

tina August 11, 2011 at 3:53 pm

Now i’m confused! The data i’ve seen on yerba mate gives a caffeine content of .7% to 1.7%, compared to 0.4% to 0.9% for tea. So why is yerba ok, but tea isn’t because of the caffeine?

maria August 9, 2011 at 10:52 am

is taheebo tea an alkaline?

fielker August 8, 2011 at 8:58 am

tanke you the tee is verry good for health but i want to khnow some of them for inflamatory problem.with gratitude Mariana

Pat Youd August 4, 2011 at 11:16 am

what was the end of the lemon water sentence please?

Also, apart from alkaline water I have only drunk lemon & ginger tea for over twenty years (as I was previously addicted to coffee drinking over 20 mugs per day) – and have felt much better for it.
Now people are warning of the effect the lemon in the tea can have on the enamel of our teeth (as it’s not possible to clean teeth every time I drink). Have you any comment on the tooth enamel health and lemon please?
regards, Pat

Pat August 4, 2011 at 9:28 am

I believe green and black teas are a definite no no but my concern is the water used to make any tea. I can’t afford to ionize. So, just how much am I undoing any good that my diet is doing. Without ionized water is there any point at all? I use fesh lemon but someone has suggested adding hydrogen peroxide instead. (Albeit in weak solution..8 drops to 5 litres) Is this wise?

Mette August 3, 2011 at 6:53 pm

Great, I love herbal teas! :)
Do you recommend NOT drinking green, white and yellow tea?
I know they have some caffeine, but they are also packed with anti-oxidants, right?
Cheers ;)
Mette

Paula-Ann August 22, 2011 at 7:23 am

This is a very good question: I have read much conflicting info about green tea especially – some say it is acid and others say it is alkaline. I was told by a naturopath that a teaspoon of lemon juice would make green tea more alkaline so by that I presume it is acidic.