All-Day Energy Smoothie Version #2: Chocolicious Energy!

by Energise Ross

both energy giving alkaline smoothies

Do You Want HUGE Energy and a Choco-Delicious Smoothie?

Yesterday I posted my All-Day Energy Smoothie, a delicious combination of fats (avocado, coconut oil, almonds, cashews), proteins (kale, spinach, almond milk, almonds, cashews), antioxidants (kale, spinach, sunflower seeds), blood-sugar regulators (all of the ingredients), fibre, protein and proven energy producers (the coconut oil in particular).

Phew.

And I promised you a variety.

SEE ALSO: Get Over 150+ Delicious, Easy Alkaline Recipes Here

For some beginners and those who already have a lot of greens, that last one was possibly a little green.

This one, which has about 60% of the same ingredients, but a VERY different taste is more like your traditional smoothie – it’s CHOCOLATELY!

The (Chocolately) Smoothie That Doubles Your Energy…All Day Long

cacao energy smoothie

Ingredients

1/2 a ripe avocado
2 handfuls of spinach
200ml almond milk
200ml coconut milk
3 tbsp coconut yoghurt (or other non dairy yoghurt)
3 tsp coconut oil
3 tbsp raw cacao
1 tbsp maca powder (optional)
50g soaked almonds
25g soaked cashews
1 tbsp sunflower seeds
1 tbsp chia seeds

Instructions:

1. If you are reading this a few hours (at least) before you’re going to make this energy-booster, start by soaking your almonds and cashews for at least an hour or so, preferably overnight. If you want to make it now, try to soak them for at least 20 minutes!
  2. Start by blending the avocado, spinach and liquids to make a smooth ‘paste’
  3. Now add the soaked nuts, the yoghurt and the seeds
  4. After about 10 seconds add the cacao and maca (if using, it has a strong taste so experiment with it)
  5. Finally, just before it’s finished, add the oil

the cacao version

This will give you a delicious, all-day energy boost because:

Of all of the same reasons as yesterday:

And you can read all about them here (fibre, blood sugar regulation, energy provision, cellular support, protein, antioxidants and more).

PLUS THE FOLLOWING:

• The Cacao Provides: a higher antioxidant rating (ORAC) than acai berries, spinach or blueberries, cellular support (required for energy production), magnesium, iron, zinc, manganese which are all high alkaline, energy giving minerals (they are required for energy production and storage) plus heart health & cholesterol benefits!
  • The Maca Provides:
  • Maca is a nutritionally dense super-food that contains high amounts of minerals, vitamins, enzymes and all of the essential amino acids. Maca root is rich in B-vitamins, which are the energy vitamins, and maca is a vegetarian source of B-12. To boot, maca has high levels of bioavailable calcium and magnesium and is great for remineralization. It’s also excellent for moods, hormonal balance, your skin, libido, fertility and lots more!

I’ll be back in a couple of days with a big announcement!

Until then, join the conversation on Facebook or leave me a comment below!

I would be absolutely delighted to hear from you, answer your questions or hear YOUR energy smoothie recipe!

Keep in touch

All-Day Energy Smoothie Version #2: Chocolicious Energy! by

Mary May 26, 2014 at 1:31 pm

writing from south africa, i lost weight 3 years back, innitially i was weighing 90kg and then 80kg, i was beautiful and confident, something went wrong. I started eating a lot and then the weight came back. and i cant’t stop eating. What food can i take to stop over eating.

Marg Cortis May 26, 2014 at 12:15 am

Thanks for all your great alkaline recipes. I’m a fan of the basic green smoothie using mostly kale. I also make kefir water and use this as the liquid in my smoothies. I have never investigated the alkalising effect of kefir water, are you able to enlighten me?
I use 1/2 cup of kefir water grains with 1/2 cup of rapidura sugar to about 1 litre of rain water all mixed in a large glass jar, cover with a cloth and let it sit on my kitchen bench to brew for about 5 days until it is bubbly, then bottle and let sit for another 5 days before using. It smells like ginger beer but the taste is milder.
Regards,
Marg Cortis

Rosemary Prior May 24, 2014 at 6:48 pm

being vegetarian I eat a lot of “Quorn” meat substitute, What are your thoughts on the product please, it’s a protein but I have no idea if it is alkaline or acid?

Manda-Jane May 24, 2014 at 11:33 am

Thanks for this great recipe, so good you include the ingredients photo too!
Was wondering where you get your jars and straws from they’re so cool.
Thanks for letting me know about Foodmatters TV, became an annual member and loving it, they have such nice energy there :).

Have been mostly alkalarian for a while now and just wanted to ask, is it ok to use cacao from Robert Youngs point of view? Love to know if he’s changed his ideas as I like using it occasionally and am looking for an alkalarian clean source of quick energy.
Thanks for everything you’re doing!! :))

Janet May 24, 2014 at 11:16 am

Very nutritious, very tasty but very expensive for the average person. That one smoothie could be the total budget for a days food for some people

Kim May 24, 2014 at 9:51 am

I love reading all of your posts but so far I’ve not tried any juices or smoothies. I just got a juicer/ blender for my birthday so WHOOOP. I’m raring to go. However, if I was to buy the ingredients from say holland and Barrett, that would be my food budget for 2 weeks! Is there anywhere online that’s cheap or at least more value for money?

Sam May 24, 2014 at 9:49 am

Hi Ross, I need a nut & almond & gluten free version of the smoothie please!!

julie Rutter May 24, 2014 at 9:23 am

Oh yes please!!!! How to “legally” get the chocolate taste
but still stay alkaline. Thank you for all the great recipes.
I have been going alkaline on a gradient & just started to
Lose weight. 7kg so far. Thanks Ross x lv julie

Shirley May 24, 2014 at 8:43 am

Can I use carob instead of cacao?

Tom May 25, 2014 at 12:45 am

My opinion is that you can always substitute. Carob and cacao are two different products. Carob has a different flavor than cacao. It’s typically roasted; it’s sweeter, and has less minerals than cacao. Finally, carob doesn’t have the stimulants that are present in cacao: approximately 230mg of caffeine and 2057mg of theobromine per 100g powder.